New update install. (rooted)

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the noobie question. Just got my g3 and rooted it. Now I have the update and tried to install it but it failed. What do I need to do to install the update.

I only rooted to get targeting so I know very little about this stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "targeting." Anyway, you'll need to unroot. I'd go back to where you got the root instructions and ask about how to unroot. But understand that the update will probably prevent you from rooting the phone again. LG has patched the code to prevent the existing root exploits from working.

Personally, I wouldn't do something that could possibly brick my phone if I "know very little about" it. Read, learn, and understand before doing.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to unroot to take the update, I tool it and am still rooted afterwords. I don't know what targeting is either but that may be causing it. Search the forums here and at xda for the error code you received and see if you can find any info. When I first tried my update it failed also but that was due to the hotspot hack, once I changed it back it went through no problem.

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to unroot to take the update, I tool it and am still rooted afterwords. I don't know what targeting is either but that may be causing it. Search the forums here and at xda for the error code you received and see if you can find any info. When I first tried my update it failed also but that was due to the hotspot hack, once I changed it back it went through no problem.
Sorry spell check got me on that I meant teathering not targeting. I have the hotspot hack as well maybe I need to put it back to normal then try again.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know it was ever necessary to root to get tethering. Is this some sort of fancy disabling of tethering done to the device by your network?

Posted via the Android Central App

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The tethering hack is for people who are still on the grandfathered unlimited plan, it does not include tethering and must be purchased separately from your data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20