Got my new LG G3 this week from Carphone Warehouse and they did a data transfer of photos and videos from my HTC One X+ to my G3. Now the phone has done a smart clean and wiped all the data before i had a chance to save it.
    How do i restore/get it back?? Thanks
    12-07-2014 09:00 AM
    Got my new LG G3 this week from Carphone Warehouse and they did a data transfer of photos and videos from my HTC One X+ to my G3. Now the phone has done a smart clean and wiped all the data before i had a chance to save it.
    How do i restore/get it back?? Thanks
    maybe try to use this app on your PC with the phone's microSD card to recover the data -

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Hvgq71_5

good luck.
    12-07-2014 09:24 AM
    The data wasn't saved on the sd card as the instore guy transferred everything over without choosing the sd card as the default storage location!! Really fuming as don't want to lose 4 yrs worth of photos/videos
    12-07-2014 01:13 PM
    I don't see how Smart Clean would do that, unless it prompted you and you said OK?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2014 02:15 PM
    It did promt me as the internal storage was low after he transferred the data. He said everything was saved so i went ahead and hit Clean. It not only deleted all the photos and videos but all the music i transferred before. Never had this problem before when upgrading my phone and transferring data.
    I've read that there is some android programs available to undelete the data back to my phone via PC, any help would be appreciated!
    12-07-2014 05:58 PM
    There are programs available, but be advised that most of them are pay programs. Just from Googling "recover data from phone internal memory":

How to Recover Deleted Data from Internal Memory on Android

phone internal memory recovery software full version free download

Recover lost data from the internal memory of an Android Smartphone or an Android Tablet

Side note: Not to bash you, but you should *NEVER* trust the person in the store to properly backup and restore your files, and you should *ALWAYS* backup files to at least 2 of these locations before doing any procedure that may remove files:
    • SD card in phone
    • Your personal computer
    • Cloud storage (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc)
    • USB drive via OTG cable
    oyeyemi808 likes this.
    12-08-2014 01:48 PM