Hey all,

I installed a wireless charging sticker for my Verizon G3 and have been using it for about a week. I am noticing my phone getting a little warmer than I'd like. This got me wondering if I did something incorrectly. Has anyone else run into this? I just took it off the charger and the battery temp is at 39C according to the app i downloaded. Does anyone else have any temperatures they can report?

Thanks
    12-08-2014 07:48 AM
    The wireless sticker is going to get warm. It's pressed up against the battery, so some of that heat will transfer to the battery. I'm not charging wirelessly at the moment (I'm leaving soon and want a fully charged battery, so I'm using the AC charger), but the discharge curves for 20C and 40C don't look much different. (And that's while discharging, where the temperature matters most.) 40C isn't high - the permissible charging temperature range is 0C to 45C. (First chart, last line at Battery University - Charging at High and Low Temperatures. ["at higher temperatures" means higher than 45C when charging.])
    12-08-2014 09:03 AM
    Ok thanks for the information Rukbat, I will have to keep an eye on the temp range in the future but its good to know that its within normal. I just don't want to do any damage to the internals because they cant be replaced unlike the battery.
    12-08-2014 10:13 AM