Questions on the G3 and G3 owners with At&t

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The stock app has been working very well for me. Just be aware when lollipop comes the stock app goes away and you are left with the gmail app as the default. That is what happened to me on my Nexus 7. Can't say I am happy with the change either. Takes some getting used to and in my experience has not been as reliable as the stock app was at least so far.

Ugh, really? I could understand it on the Nexus 7 (maybe!) since it's pure android -- I don't recall if it had a stock email app (we have a 2012 and 2013 Nex 7 but not updated yet). The email app on the G2/G3 is LG's though and not Android so I thought there was hope. However, I guess we can get that confirmed since it's rolled out in UK/Poland already...?

Thanks for the heads up though, gtcharlie.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, really? I could understand it on the Nexus 7 (maybe!) since it's pure android -- I don't recall if it had a stock email app (we have a 2012 and 2013 Nex 7 but not updated yet). The email app on the G2/G3 is LG's though and not Android so I thought there was hope. However, I guess we can get that confirmed since it's rolled out in UK/Poland already...?

Thanks for the heads up though, gtcharlie.

Thats what i was hoping. Hoping since its lgs mail app we could still keep it on lollipop.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok hows the stock e-mail working out for you? Has it be reliable on whatever interval you have it set at?

It has been reliable as what others here are mentioned, and I actually prefer it over Gmail. I just have Gmail for push notifications of my Play Store purchases. I wish they would keep it, I don't see why they would remove a stock app over Gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer