Why is my front facing camera taking such dark pictures?

Kawilliams2361

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Probelm with front facing camera(dark quality pictures)

Okay so I bought an LG G3 yesterday and I absolutely love it so far, except one thing. One very important thing. The front facing camera sucks. Okay maybe sucks is a bit harsh, but something definitely isn't right. When I take pictures using the front facing camera they turn out dark looking. It doesn't matter what type of lighting I'm in, all the pictures turn out dark and dull looking. I've even tried using the "flash" for the front facing camera where the screen turns a light pink to help lighten the photo and even though I appear super light and awesome looking on the screen before the photo is taken, as soon as I take the actual picture it comes out dark looking as if the flash wasn't on to begin with. I don't understand. Is something wrong with my camera? Is it something to do with settings. What can I do? I've tried everything I know how to try. Is this just how LG's front facing camera is? Because if so I'm going to be extremely pissed. If you you need me to post photos to show you an example I will do so. I'm typing this on my computer so that's why I didn't add any originally. Anyone else have/had this problem and know what I can do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Probelm with front facing camera(dark quality pictures)

Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.☺

I don't use my front-facing camera myself and have no intention of ever doing so....those occasions where I've activated it unintentionally have not been pleasant. So I don't know from personal experience what the quality is like....although we have had self-portraits posted here by users and they've been good. You'd better post one or two samples so that we can judge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Megan Olson

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I bought an LG G3 yesterday and I absolutely love it so far, except one thing. One very important thing. The front facing camera sucks. Okay maybe sucks is a bit harsh, but something definitely isn't right. When I take pictures using the front facing camera they turn out dark looking. It doesn't matter what type of lighting I'm in, all the pictures turn out dark and dull looking. I've even tried using the "flash" for the front facing camera where the screen turns a light pink to help lighten the photo and even though I appear super light and awesome looking on the screen before the photo is taken, as soon as I take the actual picture it comes out dark looking as if the flash wasn't on to begin with. I don't understand. Is something wrong with my camera? Is it something to do with settings. What can I do? I've tried everything I know how to try. Is this just how LG's front facing camera is? Because if so I'm going to be extremely pissed. If you you need me to post photos to show you an example I will do so. I'm typing this on my computer so that's why I didn't add any originally. Anyone else have/had this problem and know what I can do?

Turn it off then back on, that worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1