LG G3: No smart lock on LG G3 Lollipop?

Alan Clinch

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
So either I am blind or LG have removed smart lock when they updated to Lollipop.

Does anyone else have it if so how do I get it?

Its one of the best features of Lollipop and I have an android wear watch so was looking forward to using it.

James Berridge

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Just found a few things out. You have to have the correct version of Google Play Services installed. I've now got smart lock working and my Google Play Services build is 6.5.99.
Try disabling Google play services from your app list in settings. (Apps/ All) If it doesn't let you because it says only device administrators can do this then go to security/ phone administrators and untick any boxes there.
Go back to your app list and Google play services and try disabling it again. It might say you will revert to the factory setting version and that's Ok.
After it has reverted it should prompt you to update from the play store.
Do this and you should have the correct version.
Now go back to security and scroll down, there should be a Trusted agents tab. In there will be a smart lock option. Turn this to on.
Now in your Display settings goto lockscreen and you should see the smart lock option.
Let me know if this works. It has for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Smart Lock is working for me with my car Bluetooth connection, but not with location. I have Home set in Google Maps, and GPS correctly sees my location, but Smart Lock doesn't detect it. Is this working for anyone else? The only thing that I can think of is that I have to use a Network Extender for service at home, and maybe that is preventing Smart Lock from working.

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Smart Lock is working for me with my car Bluetooth connection, but not with location. I have Home set in Google Maps, and GPS correctly sees my location, but Smart Lock doesn't detect it. Is this working for anyone else? The only thing that I can think of is that I have to use a Network Extender for service at home, and maybe that is preventing Smart Lock from working.

same here, darn it.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Ditto. Just turned on a Bluetooth headset I'd set as a trusted device and Smart Lock worked for the first time since I got Lollipop this afternoon, despite being at trusted locations the whole while.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Smart lock is working for me. I did everything James Berridge said to do in a previous post, but I also had to log into Google maps. Something I had never done before. Got to test it out yesterday and I love it. This was all I really wanted from Lollipop. My son and daughter both have LG G2, they also have "on body".

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having luck with Smart Lock trusted places or face recognition either. Hopefully it will work at some point since it would be a nice feature to use.

Posted via the Android Central App

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's the way I got my Home Trusted & Work Trusted places to work.

Sitting at my desk, at home, the G3 long time ago, decided that Trusted Home is at 2408 Smith St. That by itself would not work in keeping the phone unlocked.

So, I was 'phuttsing' around with having the G3, letting it figure out where it was, as in deciding a Trusted Work place. I happen to see that it had divined 2406 Smith St and selected it, (the house next door), as my work place.

So I now have two Trusted locations; and sitting here at my desk, the phone now behaves as desired.

Success. When the G3 is in standby, I tap the screen twice, screen lights up, and the little padlock is unlocked. I can swipe across the phone face and have the normal Home screen.