Why is my LG G3 battery draining so quickly?

Maruge

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
LG G3 Battery Drain + Screen Problems (AT&T)

I bought a Silver AT&T LG G3 last month after a strong recommendation from a BestBuy Mobile employee, unfortunately, it has recently had many problems.
(I have not visited any suspicious websites or downloaded any apps recently, and the phone is seemingly in near perfect condition and has an Otterbox Defender case on it, but has not suffered any major drops ever)
The worst is the battery, it will be around 50% by 12PM when it is unplugged around 6AM and lightly used on a low screen brightness. It also charges incredibly slowly with non-LG chargers. I have also had the indicator for the battery percentage mess up before but I think it may be a battery problem.
The phone also overheats around 1-2PM and I have no idea why it tends to be around that time (I don't have to use the phone for this to happen). This causes the battery to drain incredibly fast and the performance is terrible.
The performance is also horrible on random, but constant occasions. Usually multiple times a day when the screen is tapped/power button is pressed it will not turn the screen on, and if the screen turns on it usually does not respond to being touched and the screen will turn off again. (I have been called when this was happening and I could not answer the call)
The only temporary solution is to restart the phone as soon as the screen even slightly works again.
None of these problems have occurred until this month where they slowly got worse over time

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Battery Drain + Screen Problems (AT&T)

I bought a Silver AT&T LG G3 last month after a strong recommendation from a BestBuy Mobile employee, unfortunately, it has recently had many problems.
(I have not visited any suspicious websites or downloaded any apps recently, and the phone is seemingly in near perfect condition and has an Otterbox Defender case on it, but has not suffered any major drops ever)
The worst is the battery, it will be around 50% by 12PM when it is unplugged around 6AM and lightly used on a low screen brightness. It also charges incredibly slowly with non-LG chargers. I have also had the indicator for the battery percentage mess up before but I think it may be a battery problem.
The phone also overheats around 1-2PM and I have no idea why it tends to be around that time (I don't have to use the phone for this to happen). This causes the battery to drain incredibly fast and the performance is terrible.
The performance is also horrible on random, but constant occasions. Usually multiple times a day when the screen is tapped/power button is pressed it will not turn the screen on, and if the screen turns on it usually does not respond to being touched and the screen will turn off again. (I have been called when this was happening and I could not answer the call)
The only temporary solution is to restart the phone as soon as the screen even slightly works again.
None of these problems have occurred until this month where they slowly got worse over time

By any chance did the BestBuy employee also mentioned to disable the bloatware that came with your phone? I've purchased my AT&T G3 back in August and it has been doing fine currently. Never had any battery problems though my screen time usage is only around 3.5hrs which is close to 80% of my battery usage, I'm a heavy user and video/music streamer on smartphones.

Apptuners

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

First thing to check will be whether your phone is going into deep sleep mode correctly, which can be done without root. Install CPU Spy Plus from Play Store and check deep sleep timings.

tola978

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Download and install the Snapdragon battery guru app. Works like a charm. It learns about your device for 3 days then adjusts the WiFi, data sync, and refreshes accordingly. It's awesome. It should be installed in every phone with a Snapdragon processor.

Posted via Android Central App