lg g3 lollipop in Romania is less changed than expected

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Just received the update last night, no so many changes i would expected. Some apps already had that "material design" like youtube, calendar, magazin play etc. Differences are in some visual effects, the multitasking, in apps info when checking ram... Notifications (in lock screen and notif bar...) and seems that's all. I'm missing something here ? Maybe is the optimus ui, or lg skin the cause ?? Pure android is more changed ?

Posted from Lg G3

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the differences are greater on my Nexus 5 than on my G3.

Posted via the Android Central App

deutsh

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Let me tell you a thing ...... LG G3 has already the material design at 4.4.2 ,hence.....it's change in 5 is little

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What about battery? It seems like it drains to fast :(

Posted from Lg G3

Battery on my G3 has been worse than it used to be for several weeks. I don't know why.
So far, after just a few days, I'm not aware that Android 5.0 has made a difference.

Posted via Android Central App

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
You think so ? 20 min sot and still 100%, i know it is overcharged a bit at 100, hope it's a callibration issue and not smth worse...

Posted from Lg G3

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Just received the update last night, no so many changes i would expected. Some apps already had that "material design" like youtube, calendar, magazin play etc. Differences are in some visual effects, the multitasking, in apps info when checking ram... Notifications (in lock screen and notif bar...) and seems that's all. I'm missing something here ? Maybe is the optimus ui, or lg skin the cause ?? Pure android is more changed ?

Posted from Lg G3

Did they remove the stock email app as well or do you still have it? Not the gmail one.

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
LG have a skinned version of Android, so much was never going to change as they haven't updated their skin only the version of Android.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
And, the g3 is not so laggy, it's not at all with a few changes :) i bet it beats your note 4 :) btw, how you deal with battery ? Post me a few ss if you want :)

Posted from Lg G3

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
And, the g3 is not so laggy, it's not at all with a few changes :) i bet it beats your note 4 :) btw, how you deal with battery ? Post me a few ss if you want :)

Posted from Lg G3

I forgot to ask, is screenshot gone in lollipop using qmemo or what its called?

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot is there, qmemo also...

Posted from Lg G3

But is screenshot still in the qmemo app as a feature? I heard for some people the lollipop update removed screenshot from the qmemo app etc. So it only left you to manual press back buttons to take the screen shot.