Hi I have a Qi wireless charging pad (Ebay) which worked with my phone for 2 days, very fussy about its position on the pad. After 2 days the pad refused to charge the phone.
    So I purchase another Qi pad from an on line supplier in Holland, took 22 Days to come and refuses to charge at all in any position.

My questions are:
    How can you test if the phone is faulty or the charging pads I purchased?
    Placing the back cover of the phone on the charger only, I can read no voltage on any of the 4 pins, is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated as my only other option is to return this great phone for repair (14 Days turnaround )

Thanks
    12-20-2014 10:55 AM
    You haven't determined if the problem is with the phone or the charging pad.
    Is there any wireless store nearby that might have a working Qi pad? Try your phone there. Do you have a friend with a wireless charging capable phone that uses Qi? Try that phone on your charging pads.
    I'm not familiar with a Qi charging pad as my phone uses PMA, but is there an indicator light on the bottom of the pad that turns on when the phone is charging? If the light doesn't come on, perhaps the pad is at fault. Do you hear a squeal when you place the phone on the pad? If not, perhaps the pad is not working. Do you feel a slight tug as you slide the phone on the pad? If not, maybe the pad isn't working. Is the adapter plugged in tightly to the receptacle and is the cord plugged in tightly to the pad? On my charging pad, the connector slides in a long way before it is seated (double pad). Does the receptacle have voltage or could a breaker have been tripped?
    I think you should be 100% certain the problem is not the charging pad before sending the phone in for a fix. It wouldn't surprise me that the second pad you purchased is a dud as is the one you got off eBay. I purchased one of those round charging coils that you plug into the bottom of any phone and place the coil on top of a charging pad, brand new from my wireless provider, and it was a dud.
    Dynastone likes this.
    12-21-2014 05:06 AM
    I bought non-LG Qi parts and all of them gave me problems like you mention.

Then I spent the extra dough and went with the LG-official stuff. Wireless charging works 100% fine with this stuff.
    Dynastone likes this.
    12-21-2014 08:27 PM
    Hi Thanks for your reply.
    I have tried the local CPW stores and they all seemed to be clueless about Qi charging and don't hold stock of chargers nor any new G3's to test my charger with? Wireless charging seems to be a dark art in Derbyshire even the local Maplin stores are confused when I ask about it. We use the UK version non PMA and the indicator light does not change no matter where I place the phone on the pad. No tugs or squeals when using the pads either.
    Looks like I will either have to send my phone away for fixing or find some store somewhere that stocks LG charging units to try it first.
    12-22-2014 06:07 AM
    I use the LG Slim Guard Case and I now have 2 WCD-100. Just to specify which hardware is working for me 100%.
    12-22-2014 04:09 PM
    I bought non-LG Qi parts and all of them gave me problems like you mention.

Then I spent the extra dough and went with the LG-official stuff. Wireless charging works 100% fine with this stuff.
    I did the same....spend the money for the LG back cover And QI charger.life's good!

Posted via Android Central App
    12-22-2014 04:55 PM