I bought an LG G3(2gb) international version last week. I've been experiencing screen lag and slow app starts from day one. I'm also getting scores on the Sunspider benchmark averaging 1300ms which is very slow compared to the 800ms scores in the reviews I've read.

Have any of you been having the same issues?

Thanks.
    12-23-2014 07:20 AM
    I bought an LG G3(2gb) international version last week. I've been experiencing screen lag and slow app starts from day one. I'm also getting scores on the Sunspider benchmark averaging 1300ms which is very slow compared to the 800ms scores in the reviews I've read.

Have any of you been having the same issues?

Thanks.
    You say the issue has been there since day one, but is that before installing/using apps/services, or afterwards? Because the apps and/or services installed on the device could have an effect on the responsiveness of the device, especially apps that use a large of amount of resources to run, such as graphically intense games.

I would suggest a clean start by a factory reset and see how the device functions before installing anything but the most critical apps/services you need. Let us know how it goes.
    boxlt1 likes this.
    12-23-2014 11:38 AM
    I am getting a 1229ms on my Verizon G3 (3gb). Running a custom ROM (Jasmine 3.0) with stock aosp browser. (Chrome scores like 1400ms)

For comparison (useless), I get 252ms on laptop running Windows 7 x64 and latest version of Chrome.

How is JavaScript a measure of performance on an Android device? What does this tell us?
    boxlt1 likes this.
    12-23-2014 01:35 PM
    I would suggest a clean start by a factory reset and see how the device functions before installing anything but the most critical apps/services you need. Let us know how it goes.
    Ok I did a factory reset yesterday but I'm still getting she same issues. I'm running lollipop BTW.

I imagine JavaScript is a good measure of performance because it measures the speed that the processor can run scripts. I ran Geekbench 3 yesterday and the scores were up there with the best phones available. I don't normally pay much attention to benchmarking scores but I was just using them to check performance because of the issues I'm getting.
    12-24-2014 06:31 AM
    I ran Geekbench 3 yesterday and the scores were up there with the best phones available. I don't normally pay much attention to benchmarking scores but I was just using them to check performance because of the issues I'm getting.
    Ah, so perhaps that Sunspider benchmark is not designed for the Android platform?
    12-24-2014 07:16 AM
    Ok I did a factory reset yesterday but I'm still getting she same issues. I'm running lollipop BTW.

I imagine JavaScript is a good measure of performance because it measures the speed that the processor can run scripts. I ran Geekbench 3 yesterday and the scores were up there with the best phones available. I don't normally pay much attention to benchmarking scores but I was just using them to check performance because of the issues I'm getting.
    That's weird that the device is giving you so much problem, even after a clean start. Do you think slowing down or disabling animations might help? Do this through system settings > enable developer settings (go to about phone and tap the about phone 7-times).
    12-24-2014 11:44 AM
    Ah, so perhaps that Sunspider benchmark is not designed for the Android platform?
    I've noticed reviewers using it to compare different devices - including android. The score is normally around 900ms for the G3. A friend of mine has a Galaxy S5 and he got a score of around 500. Strange that there'd be such a difference.
    12-24-2014 02:47 PM
    That's weird that the device is giving you so much problem, even after a clean start. Do you think slowing down or disabling animations might help? Do this through system settings > enable developer settings (go to about phone and tap the about phone 7-times).
    I had turned of animations on the previous installation. I think it improved things a little. Maybe a different launcher would also help. I've used Nova Launcher before so I might try that.
    12-24-2014 02:52 PM
    Lg push 5.0 out fast to the first to update to it. I would think that any lag would be fixed on a later update. Pushing updates have a bad history as we all know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    boxlt1 likes this.
    12-24-2014 03:20 PM
    I just got an 854ms using a different browser (CM Browser).

This doesn't seem like a very good benchmark at all since the results can be altered with so many factors.
    12-24-2014 09:29 PM
    I just got an 854ms using a different browser (CM Browser).

This doesn't seem like a very good benchmark at all since the results can be altered with so many factors.
    Yes I'm starting to realise that. I Don't understand why so many professional reviewers use it to compare phones when it produces such unreliable results.
    12-27-2014 06:23 AM
    Very strange, indeed.
    12-27-2014 03:15 PM