Hello everyone. I'll admit that I'm new to this so please be patient.

I rooted my Sprint LG G3 with Stump Root and also install SuperSU. It turns out that due to the latest update SuperSu has binary file errors and my camera/gallery is very laggy. After accessing said gallery the system lags thereafter. After a couple of days trying to back up my settings and data I thought I had the back up file created (~4 GB) and saved to my SD card and google drive So I did a system reset as per the LG Backup Service to try to get back to stock. This did not provide the desired results. The systems decided not to have a full file (~1 GB) nor recognize that for restore. I'm over that. The thing I noticed is that I'm still rooted.

After a day of looking for how to unroot using a MacBook (Yosemite) I've not found anything yet. So I decided to tap into a forum for any leads. Everyone I seem to come across refers to using a PC and the LG USB cable.

Could someone please refer me to a resource to get my LG G# back to stock using my MacBook? My hardware spes are:
    LGLS990 (Sprint LG G3)
    Android 4.4.2
    Build number KVT49L.LS990ZV6
    Software version LS990ZV6

Thanks in advance.
    12-23-2014 09:59 AM
    Neither the camera nor gallery is a rooted app, so rooting has nothing to do with why the camera or Gallery are laggy. It's possible that Stump Root did something else while rooting that's causing the lag, but unrooting won't fix that.

To unroot with SuperSU, just go to the Settings tab and scroll down to the bottom - there's a complete unroot choice.
    12-23-2014 10:11 AM
    True that those aren't dependent on the root. I just noticed that as an indicator of my wanting to unroot my phone.

SuperSu is stuck with a notice box saying it cannot access binary files. So I am not able to get to the menu that would allow me to easily unroot. :-(

Thanks.
    12-23-2014 03:46 PM
    Would it not be a good idea to go into the settings and do a factory reset?
    12-23-2014 05:41 PM
    Hi. I did a factory reset and after installing Stump Root it says I am already rooted. So I am at the same point with Stump Root and SuperSu (binary file problems) minus my customizations.
    12-23-2014 07:33 PM
    After a factory reset, are you still having problems? Forget about root access.

The best way to return to bone stock would be to flash the phone using the LG flasher, but it's only available for Windows. Why are you not dual booting your macbook (bootcamp) so you can have Windows as well?
    12-23-2014 08:29 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the info.

I'm not dual booting because I have not had a need to do so until now.

Thanks.
    12-24-2014 07:50 AM