Lg G3 questions- unable to find answers for

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a few questions, as I am considering this phone, but it depends on the answers to these questions. I have searched the internet and youtube, but no no one is addressing the questions I have;

1. Can the weather and clock be removed from the home screen, and can the Google search bar be moved/removed if so?

2. Is there any choice of color for the internal menus? I hate the teal colors.

3. The phone is on Kit Kat, and I have read people do not want to go to Lollipop. I had this happen when I bought the LG phone I have now, they forced the upgrade to Jelly Bean, even though I did not want it. But what are the issues with Lollipop?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
To answer your first question yes they can be removed.
I don't really understand what you mean by internal menus...
And i have lollipop on my g3 and have no bugs really, it is quite all right.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.

Q1. Yes.
Q2. I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Q3. There are certain issues following the update to Lollipop - in fact there were issues before, as with all devices and versions of Android OS - and you can read about some of them in this forum.:)

Edit: Posted same moment as above.

Posted via the Android Central App

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. What I mean is, the teal colors that are in the menus, like at the tops/separators, let me try to attach a picture of where I am talking about. I am use to looking at a black and white, and the white/teal is not something I care for-not enough contrast for me;

lgg3teal.jpg

And the phone interface also has dk. teal color. I just don't understand why they chose that color. I get that they have a different color in different apps, so that you know what app your are in-not sure why that was necessary, because I think people know when they are in their phone app. So I guess, I am curious if you change the theme, does it change the colors at all, or just the icons?

Hope that was clear?

Thanks!

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. What I mean is, the teal colors that are in the menus, like at the tops/separators, let me try to attach a picture of where I am talking about. I am use to looking at a black and white, and the white/teal is not something I care for-not enough contrast for me;

View attachment 156688

And the phone interface also has dk. teal color. I just don't understand why they chose that color. I get that they have a different color in different apps, so that you know what app your are in-not sure why that was necessary, because I think people know when they are in their phone app. So I guess, I am curious if you change the theme, does it change the colors at all, or just the icons?

Hope that was clear?

Thanks!
Hi, the answer is no. Unfortunately there is no dark theme for the menus. You are basically stuck with the teal and white. Only way to change this is to root the phone which is overkill just to change some colors. Also, if you are thinking about upgrading to lollipop, then its best you get used to the white theme, cos lollipop no longer has a dark theme. Sucks, i know.

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I think after reading some of the issues with lollipop, I am going to stay with my LG Spectrum 2. There's nothing wrong with it, I wanted to have access to Xlte, but from what I have read here, people still have issues with slow 4g/3g, even with this Xlte enabled phone, so it might be a waste for me. I'm on Verizon, and no issues with them, except that lately, my 4G has been non existent/erratic at best. But, it wasn't an issue in the past, so I have to wonder if them starting to double the 4G speeds with Xlte has caused the issue, like they are restricting some users, and enhancing some....not sure, but my issues started about the same time they rolled out Xlte.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
More than anything it depends on what carrier you are with.

I have tmo and the G3 is light years better than my HTC 1s was.

Between the radios and the performance, my only disappointment was that I waited 6 months to switch.

If you look at some of the issues posted here, only a handful are with tmo units. . As much as I would like to bash them, they seem to have gotten the right combination here.

A phone that works like it is supposed to, to cover little to no support.

I have 2 One s, 1 rooted, 1 not. . It is a pain in the *** to root and still didn't make the phone run any better.

I wanted a phone that I could take out of the box and have it actually work for making calls. . As a bonus, do all of the other stuff a smart phone needs to do.

The G3 on tmo fits that very nicely

Posted via the Android Central App

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and bought it. Won't be here until after the 6th of Jan, but that gives me time to get everything I want to keep backed up on SD. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping out of the box after I activate it, it lets me do the update, then I will do a hard reset before I put anything on it. Or that's the plan anyway, lol. :p

StephM50

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
You'll love your G3! I hate teal also lol but once you get everything customized the way you want, and literally just about everything can be, you won't even notice it anymore. And one of the 1st things I did was to put my favorite weather/clock app on. So enjoy! :D image.jpg

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
You'll love your G3! I hate teal also lol but once you get everything customized the way you want, and literally just about everything can be, you won't even notice it anymore. And one of the 1st things I did was to put my favorite weather/clock app on. So enjoy! :D View attachment 157297

Same here with the clock! First thing I will change. This is my LG Spectrum 2 right now, and it's been a GREAT phone. I will miss it, sniff, sniff....for an hour or so....LOL

2014-12-31-07-20-49.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome