Does anyone one know how to launch voice recorder? I am looking for an app for this but cannot find it
    Thanks
    12-29-2014 03:54 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean. The G3 has Voice Recorder app....at least mine does. If yours doesn't, perhaps it got Smart Cleaned? Look in Update Centre, App Updates, and scroll to the bottom.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2014 04:47 PM
    Same here, standard Voice-recorder app.
    12-29-2014 05:42 PM
    Thanks. Yes, I cannot find it on mine. Where is update Center? Thanks
    12-30-2014 05:52 AM
    Update Centre is one of the apps. On my device the icon is in the app tray with the others. But you can also get at it via Settings, General, About Phone, one of the options there being Update Centre.

12-30-2014 06:24 AM
    Really weird. I do not have an "update center" in the about phone file. Nor do I have voice recorder as an app. I will have to keep looking. Thanks
    12-30-2014 11:43 AM
    Is update center an LG thing? I cannot find it.
    12-30-2014 07:50 PM
    The update center is in the app drawer.
    Attached Thumbnails voice recorder-8213.jpg  
    12-30-2014 08:48 PM
    Thanks. I do not have that. I have disabled some apps but not that one. How can I get it back? Do I have to do a factory reset? Thanks
    12-31-2014 05:27 AM
    I don't understand why you don't have those apps. I know why some users don't have the FM Radio app....because their carrier has disabled it. Perhaps your missing apps are also carrier-related?

12-31-2014 10:42 AM
    I'm on ATT. Anyone with ATT not have voice recorder and update center? I really do not want to do a factory reset
    12-31-2014 04:38 PM
    Uh-oh. It was AT&T devices that had disabled radios, on this forum some time back. Let's see what other users here have got to say.
    Also, I don't think factory resetting would do anything.

12-31-2014 04:56 PM
    I'm on ATT. Anyone with ATT not have voice recorder and update center? I really do not want to do a factory reset
    Same here, no voice recorder or update center. Using AT&T LG G3.
    12-31-2014 11:06 PM
    I am also AT&T LG G3.. no Update Center, no app called Voice Recorder.
    01-02-2015 08:33 PM
    I'm on ATT as well my LG G3 has no Update Center app, but I was able to locate the Voice Recorder under: settings>general>apps>all, It shows in that list also the only other place I have see this is in: Messaging>any contact>3dot >attach. this is the only place where the Voice Recorder app works for me, and I cannot move this app into any of my main screens.

Looks like an ATT bug.
    01-03-2015 08:29 AM
    Not sure if an ATT bug or just they did not want it. I did find a work around using Nova launcher. It works using the doc and using the swiping up gesture for an icon there. How it works: using Nova launcher, press and hold an icon that is in the doc, it will then have a pop up saying "edit, remove, app info" chose edit, then look for swipe action. There will be a little box with a triangle in the lower part. Press that, then scroll over to shortcuts, then choose Nova activities. Scroll through to find voice recorder. Open that file and choose the fifth one down that says "voicerecorder" once you select that make sure you check off the check mark. You now can open voice recorder with a swipe up gesture from that icon in the dock.
    01-04-2015 05:14 PM
    Not sure if an ATT bug or just they did not want it. I did find a work around using Nova launcher. It works using the doc and using the swiping up gesture for an icon there. How it works: using Nova launcher, press and hold an icon that is in the doc, it will then have a pop up saying "edit, remove, app info" chose edit, then look for swipe action. There will be a little box with a triangle in the lower part. Press that, then scroll over to shortcuts, then choose Nova activities. Scroll through to find voice recorder. Open that file and choose the fifth one down that says "voicerecorder" once you select that make sure you check off the check mark. You now can open voice recorder with a swipe up gesture from that icon in the dock.
    Ah there it is, thank you! I don't know why they would hide it to begin with.

For a simplified version, requires Nova Prime I believe.

Go to Nova Settings, Gestures and Buttons, select one, then pick the tab Shortcuts, then Activities. Then scroll to V for Voice Recorder (pick the one above launchvoicerecorder)
    01-04-2015 09:31 PM