5.0 and battery life -- definitely worse

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Left it a couple of weeks since the 5.0 upgrade on my UK G3, to see if it would settle down, but have to agree with what has been said on other threads, that the battery life on the G3 with 5.0, really has dropped. I used to be amazed at how long the battery would last (my GF's is still on 4.4.2, and recently she got 34hrs, before the phone hit 75% (admitedly, it was left not doing much, but still damn good)

However, since the 5.0, it really does just seem to be draining soooooo much quicker. Thought 5.0 was supposed to increase the battery performance

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I noticed after not using my G3 as a daily driver for a month....just got a little bit of use during that time....that when I came to use it again that way afterwards, battery life was less. Lollipop doesn't seem to have made a difference to that one way or another.
So that's two baffled users...

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Most of those who found battery life a problem on 5.0 OTA say a factory reset has resolved it. It's no unusual for OTAs to cause various sorts of problems, unfortunately.

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree that a factory reset has resolved many issues including battery life.
After the reset i am consistently getting north of 4 hours SOT which is fairly decent.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
My experience is completely different from the OP -- my battery life improved by at least 1/2 again as much after the update. Just got another update today, btw (still 5.0, so must be some bug fixes) -- so will have to see what it brings.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
That's why I have disabled updates. IE lollipop. Giving it a miss. Love my phone as it is on kitkat. Not interested in lollipop.

parxuk

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
New member to the forum and new user of the G3 (got it for Christmas), though not new to Android as i had a Nexus 4 previously.

Just reiterate what others have said. I'm really disapointed by the G3 battery life. As soon as i got the phone it updated to Lollipop so dont know what it would have been like on KitKat, but it seems to drain at an incredible rate. I was reading this forum last night and decided to do a factory reset based on the advice here, but so far dont think its made any difference. If the phone is in standby its not too bad, but with the screen on (50% auto brightness off), the battery drains at about 1% a minute. Yesterday i had less than 3 hours screen on time before it needed recharging. Thats with very few apps on, and me restricting background data (i was being frugal).

Its such a shame as one of the reasons i ditched the Nexus was that i wanted a bigger battery so i could use the phone more during the day, and if anything its worse.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
New member to the forum and new user of the G3 (got it for Christmas), though not new to Android as i had a Nexus 4 previously.

Just reiterate what others have said. I'm really disapointed by the G3 battery life. As soon as i got the phone it updated to Lollipop so dont know what it would have been like on KitKat, but it seems to drain at an incredible rate. I was reading this forum last night and decided to do a factory reset based on the advice here, but so far dont think its made any difference. If the phone is in standby its not too bad, but with the screen on (50% auto brightness off), the battery drains at about 1% a minute. Yesterday i had less than 3 hours screen on time before it needed recharging. Thats with very few apps on, and me restricting background data (i was being frugal).

Its such a shame as one of the reasons i ditched the Nexus was that i wanted a bigger battery so i could use the phone more during the day, and if anything its worse.

That does seem particularly bad. Maybe try adaptive brightness instead of locking in the screen at 50%, if you havent already done so? Let's face it, all screens are hard on battery life but the QHD is especially hard on it (for the record I think it's kind of gimmicky myself--if they sold a 1080p version of the G3 I would've opted for that in a heartbeat). Custom ROMs can help too if you are willing to root and flash. I hope you find a fix whatever it is, I know what a drag it is to be unimpressed with your daily driver.

Posted via my Bloat-Free AT&T G3 running CM11

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
5.0 has been a joke to me it has spoiled this phone. Some of the useful LG features are gone its riddled with bugs and yes have done a factory reset

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech