02-20-2015 08:29 AM
85 123 ...
tools
    This is just intolerable. I didn't make a hard reset when I jumped from 4.4 to 5. Do you reckon it can be from that ?
    Attached Thumbnails Terrible battery life on my G3-uploadfromtaptalk1420547408732.jpg   Terrible battery life on my G3-uploadfromtaptalk1420547417498.jpg  
    01-06-2015 07:32 AM
    Have you noticed a sudden reduction in battery life following the update?

With my own G3, which is 5.5 months old, battery life is less compared to what it used to be, but this has been noticeable since before the update, which for me so far as I can tell has made no difference to battery one way or the other.
    Also in my case I have done no factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-06-2015 08:05 AM
    There have been a lot of reports of battery life being poor on 5.0.
    01-06-2015 08:37 AM
    I'm not impressed with battery since 5.0. I didn't have the phone long enough before the update to say its definitely lollipop that's the issue. It brought about other frustrations I have been fixing so the battery was less front and center for me but I've sorted my chrome issue and now noticing the battery a lot more.

I swapped an ancient nexus 4 that couldn't make it through the day without a top up. Now I'm in same boat.

I've even wondered if the bigger screen means I'm less likely to reach for my iPad so use the g3 more but I'm not so sure.

01-06-2015 09:12 AM
    Well I can't also tell the difference because I recently got the phone and I immediately updated it to lolipop..... Do you reckon if I use it down to 0 percent and then charge it , will have any effect on the battery ?
    01-06-2015 09:28 AM
    I recommend a factory reset, in my case it helped a lot i am getting over 4 hours SOT on 50% brightness which is solid. Also running the stock LG 5.0 ROM.
    01-06-2015 09:55 AM
    I recommend a factory reset, in my case it helped a lot i am getting over 4 hours SOT on 50% brightness which is solid. Also running the stock LG 5.0 ROM.
    I did a reset after updste. Maybe my expectations are too high

01-06-2015 10:23 AM
    Check out some battery life tips there are a loads od posts about that, just evade those battery saving apps they are garbage... And when you charge your phone and it reaches 100 % leave it for another good 15-20 minutes it will get a better charge.
    ksm09 likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:52 AM
    I really know how to save battery on my phone but the problem is not just that. It must be sth else, which is causing my phone to die. And after these screenshot, the phone died at around 5 hours of usage and only 2 hours of SOT.... Thats just silly.
    01-06-2015 11:40 AM
    I really know how to save battery on my phone but the problem is not just that. It must be sth else, which is causing my phone to die. And after these screenshot, the phone died at around 5 hours of usage and only 2 hours of SOT.... Thats just silly.
    What is causing the battery to drain according to your battery app? Is it the operating system or something else? In my case Android was the culprit. Tried everything but nothing worked. I could go to sleep with a fully charged battery and wake up around 50% or so. Finally did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. I am not on Lollipop though so not sure if there is something else going on with your phone.
    01-06-2015 12:03 PM
    Mine shows that the screen is the major drain problem.....
    01-06-2015 12:38 PM
    Do you reckon if I use it down to 0 percent and then charge it , will have any effect on the battery ?
    That will make the battery perform even poorer. Don't go below 5-10%, ever.
    01-06-2015 01:21 PM
    It's a li-ion battery, it never goes completely without a juice ..... Even if it shutdowns the phone.
    01-06-2015 01:52 PM
    Check out some battery life tips there are a loads od posts about that, just evade those battery saving apps they are garbage... And when you charge your phone and it reaches 100 % leave it for another good 15-20 minutes it will get a better charge.
    You're right, have you notice how long it take to go from 100 to 99, best i've get was about 40 min sot at 99, kind of overcharged ? If every % was the same.... A dream

Posted from Lg G3
    01-07-2015 03:04 AM
    My battery life is 67% after 17hrs and 14% usage in 3hrs is that good.

Also 35hrs remaining 🔋

01-07-2015 07:29 AM
    I updated to lollipop yesterday and feel very regretful now. First of all its pretty clear that the battery life sucks from now on even though I factory reset. Besides, the incredible snapdragon batreryguru is not available for lollipop and can't use it. That became the cream of the pie.
    Another topic is the equalizer problem that I've noticed. I don't know the rest but Spotify app cannot recognize the equalizer most of the time and when it accidentally can, changing the song manually causes the equalizer disabled again. If you have faced similar problems and found a solution please let me know. Best regards...

01-07-2015 01:52 PM
    Yeah even with a custom ROM it seems like LP isn't necessarily a winner. My current ROM is 5.0-based, and it's definitely decent battery life, but I was getting better longevity with CM11 based on 4.4. On the latter I had well over 5 hrs SOT and idle drain was noticeably less.

Posted via my Bloat-Free AT&T G3 running SlimLP ROM
    01-07-2015 06:39 PM
    So would you recommend me to flash a custom ROM?

01-08-2015 10:25 AM
    So would you recommend me to flash a custom ROM?

Everyone's phone needs and preferences are different so that's a hard one to answer in general, but I think it's safe to say you can count on a likelihood of better battery life if you flash a stock or stock-like ROM. I just re-flashed cm11 last night and I can already tell it's better than my previous lollipop ROM in that regard. There are a few really nice ROMS to flash for the G3, too (I'm on AT&T though, so YMMV depending on development for carrier specific devices). In my case there are at least half a dozen or more builds that provide stability, good battery life, & lots of customization options. If you do a NAND backup you can always return to stock if you don't care for it. And the folks over at XDA are really helpful with beginners (as I was/am). Their noob forms made the process much easier, so in all I'd say go for it!

Sertac Karatepe likes this.
    01-08-2015 12:39 PM
    Thanks bro

01-08-2015 03:57 PM
    Thanks bro

Sure thing. I'd check out this link and navigate to the thread that has custom ROM builds for your particular device. My root and flash experience was pretty painless. Still fairly new at it myself but let me know if I can help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3

Posted via my Bloat-Free AT&T G3 running CM11
    01-08-2015 05:51 PM

This is good news to me. I have been reluctant to flash a 5.0 based rom for my g3 as xposed framework isn't supported. Since SoftCard doesn't have the $1 off a transaction promo anymore (needed RootCloak for this to work)....maybe I'll give it a whirl.

I do like the xposed integration of greenify though. It prevents removal of notifications if an app is greenified. Not sure if root only mode would be good enough especially if I greenify a system app.

In addition to greenify, I use CF Lumen (to regulate display brightness), and Amplify ( to kill wakelocks, services, alarms)

But honestly, if you are getting 4 hrs SOT (which is what I get now)...I'm nearly sold.

Would you mind in a day or two posting some screen shots of your battery stats? TIA
    01-09-2015 01:22 AM
    This is good news to me. I have been reluctant to flash a 5.0 based rom for my g3 as xposed framework isn't supported. Since SoftCard doesn't have the $1 off a transaction promo anymore (needed RootCloak for this to work)....maybe I'll give it a whirl.

I do like the xposed integration of greenify though. It prevents removal of notifications if an app is greenified. Not sure if root only mode would be good enough especially if I greenify a system app.

In addition to greenify, I use CF Lumen (to regulate display brightness), and Amplify ( to kill wakelocks, services, alarms)

But honestly, if you are getting 4 hrs SOT (which is what I get now)...I'm nearly sold.

Would you mind in a day or two posting some screen shots of your battery stats? TIA
    No problem will post when i can cheers
    01-09-2015 08:04 AM
    I get a good 20 hours of a charge after lollipop with moderate use sometimes can push 24/28 hours and thats double to what i got on kitkat but i did a factory reset after i recived the 5.0 upgrade maybe do a reset and see how u get in

01-09-2015 09:58 AM

Attached Thumbnails Terrible battery life on my G3-8617.jpg  
    01-09-2015 09:59 AM
85 123 ...