Does the LG WCP-400 wireless charger work with LG G3?

ioankat

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried it yet?

I already have the charger from my Nexus 4, and i recently bought an LG G3, so iwas thinking:
it's GREEDY that i bought their top of the line phone and they now need to charge me extra to unlock a feature...
PITY..
Anyhow, has anybody tried the wireless case of LG for G3 with the LG WCP400? Does it work?
Thanks in advance...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by "unlock", but the WCP-400 is a Qi charger, so evidently LG uses the Qi standard. The Nexus 4 also uses the Qi standard. So the phone should work with the pad. (Qi charging is a commodity - any Qi-capable phone will charge on any Qi charger.)

You don't need any special case to wirelessly charge the G3 either - this receiver, for $5, will work with the G3 and the charging pad you already have, or with the WCP400 (or with any other Qi charging pad).

ioankat

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. When I say "unlock" I mean that if it's only a sticker 5€ why the hell they didn't put it in the first place, and I have to order this to be shipped here in Greece!

Posted via the Android Central App

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I never understood those types of decisions. I'm in the U.S. and our G3 does not come with the wireless charging coil. I bought one from eBay and it works great. I thought the European version of the G3 came with the coil stock. In r surprised yours doesn't have it if you're in Greece. Bummer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12