Conversation Theme on the Messaging App

Rifleman85

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So I set a picture I took as the background theme for my text messages on the messaging App. When I clicked OK I made sure the box was checked that said "except individually set themes". After this I set up a different picture as the theme for when my wife texts me.

Typically every night I delete all my texts from that day. The following morning when I go to text my wife, the picture for the theme is the main one I set up for everyone else and not the individually set one I used for my wife the previous day. Am I missing something on this? How do I not have to reset the theme for a certain contact every day?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
When you delete a conversation (all text messages from that person), the theme resets to default. While I agree that this might not be desirable, that is the reason why your background disappears. To confirm, you can delete most of, but not all messages from your wife; and your background should remain the next day.

Edit: to be a bit more helpful: I set my maximum number of messages per conversation to a low number (50). The default is 500. This way, I need not bother to clean out old messages daily and let the messaging app clean itself. Since you delete her messages daily, just set the max messages to something slightly higher than you'd anticipate in a single day's conversations. Not quite as 'clean' as deleting messages manually daily but less bother overall (won't have to manually delete messages nor set the background again). Good luck.

Last edited:

Rifleman85

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input!

I would think with all that a smart phone can do though, that it would not be a problem to keep individually set themes. Smh...

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon