Is my LG G3 battery from Del Boy and Rodney ?!

dataintmybaby

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
First question: I bought my LG G3 few days ago, is it normal that battery is draining very quick? Every two or three minutes 1% is draining no matter what I'm doing but literally, only time when battery isn't draining that quick is when my phone is locked and I don't use it. Brightness is 22%!!!

Second question:

Now I want to buy 3500/3800mAh battery, and my question is, is it going to fit to my LG G3 European version?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.☺

Before you consider one of the big batteries that are indeed available for the G3, let's try to understand what problems you may be having with the stock one. A new G3 ought to be giving impressive screen-on time at 22% brightness. Could you use the device normally and before you recharge, post screenshots of the battery usage, and add other info that may be relevant such as location reporting settings, mobile signal strength etc.? Also roughly what you used the device for in that period.

Posted via the Android Central App

dataintmybaby

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you belodion.

10893624_841694155881813_259697508_n.jpg
10922235_841694135881815_679963571_n.jpg

Even when I'm doing somethin in settings it drain really really fast, don't know what is the problem, like I said, 1% per 2 minutes, sometimes even worse, only good thing is that on stand by battery is amazing but only then. I used facebook for few times(now deleted), messenger not often but something like 2 hours, few videos on youtube and some research on chrome. Today I used it maybe for one hour on messenger, and listening music for about 30-40minutes, also when I tried switch to ART it drained for 2-3% when it was loading, and of course when I switched ot back to dalvik again drained 2-3%, really don't know what to do, everything is great about this phone, only battery is miserable, even my lumia 820 had better battery then this LG G3.
Appreciate your answer and I hope that u could help me about this or someone else.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If, by the time you get down to about 40% battery charge remaining, you haven't had about 4h screen-on time with fairly ordinary use of the phone, the battery or device may be faulty. If, at that point, you have had very substantially less than that - say 1h or 2h screen-on time - the likelihood of a fault is much greater. That's assuming that by the time you get down to about 40% charge, Screen is still showing as the main user of charge.
In that case you might want to consider a replacement.

dataintmybaby

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Every time when I look at my battery use "android system" is on the top, from 20% to even 40+%, is it possible that maybe some files are corrupted?

-Thierry Henry - Is it option to root my phone?

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmm that is strange... Try an antivirus app as that is a possibility that you have malware of some sort. If that doesn't work i suggest a factory reset.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I used to be able to get that Thierry. Those were the days.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ah, so Android System is normally at the top of the battery usage list. That makes a difference. That's why I suggested posting screenshots of battery stats at the end of a usage cycle, before recharging.

dataintmybaby

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Tried factory reset, and again it's the same, now scanning my device with McAfee Mobile Security, maybe McAfee will found threat that is eating my battery but I'm not optimistic, lol during the scan my battery is going from 35% to 31%, last chance is maybe rooting, really pissed off because this battery, for some lg g3 users battery last for 2 days with 6-7 hours on screen, something is really wrong...

EDIT: now is 29% :S

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I thought my battery life was decent lol, I am getting 4-5 hours SOT on 5.0 on 45% brightness...

Anyway if this is not solved i suggest replacing the battery immediately.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
If it's just a few days old, take it back to the store you got it from, tell them the problem and you have done everything you can and nothing has changed. They should replace under factory warranty without a problem.

dataintmybaby

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday and today I had something about 6 hours on screen, Im not expert, is that solid, great? Now left 4% and android OS is 15% and android system is taking 9%, is that ok?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
6h SOT, assuming mixed usage, and the 22% screen brightness you quoted in your earlier post, and that everything else is fairly normal, is okay, and the other stats are normal enough. As you're probably aware, routinely discharging to 4% will soon damage the battery, which is why I mentioned the 40% figure above....in fact, I think that the ideal level at which to recharge is 50%, for the best performance and lifespan of the battery.

What suddenly gave you this great improvement?

CreepyD

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a problem to me.
Mine lasts for around 5 hours solid playing Angry Birds Epic on about 50% brightness, that's fairly high on cpu usage too.

FireChrome

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

Get rid of McAfee! Get the AVG one, because the MA lags and kills anything's battery. I had it on my laptop, and it kills everything, and the guy who made it doesn't even use it.