Lock screen

Capt19

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello again. I may be in the minority but I was wondering if there is any way to either remove or change the circle clock on the lock screen?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You bet! It can be a little tricky getting it back, but not too hard.

First off, you need to measure sure that widgets are enabled for your lock screen - see the option in the lock screen settings found in under the display tab.

Next, put your phone to sleep then wake it back up to get to your lock screen.

Slide your finger right, starting at the left edge of the screen to reveal the add widgets screen. This essentially puts the phone into edit mode. Swipe back left to go back to the clock.

Press and hold the clock until you see the remove icon, then drag your finger to the remove icon and release to delete the clock.

You can add another clock by going back to the "add widgets" page and tapping the plus sign.

You can rearrange widgets by long pressing a widget and dragging left or right.

To get the circle clock back, you need to remove EVERY widget from the lock screen, then add them back.

Hope this helps

Posted via the Android Central App

eagle_23

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the tip unfortunately not working for me. is this on lollipop? appreciate any further help.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for the tip...worked great. Just one thing that may be confusing to some. The widget option is in settings/lock screen, not display. Thanks...glad to ditch the clock.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Still on 4.4.2 here. Sorry LP people. Also, you must have been in list view for settings, not tabbed view. That's probably the discrepancy.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Taking away lockscreen widgets is something I will not like very much. I've grown very used to having Dashclock on my lockscreen and tbh it feeds me my notifications just fine. I'm not sure why Google is abandoning lockscreen widgets. Yes they are insecure perhaps - no less so than 5.0 rich notifications. I think their mistake was not allowing the dashclock widgets to have the option of being expanded by default (an option in CM/Xposed).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670