Lollipop 5.0 OTA for United States

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
+1 for both replies. It sounds like 5.0 is full of potential problems that should shouldn't be so potential. I'd rather not be too impulsive and get a dud of an update and just wait for the best version too come out.

After all, that's probably why they released it to Europe first due to the smaller market, thus smallest risk should the be any issues (which the were). I'm fine with waiting, although it doesn't necessarily mean I don't check often. 😆

Edit: By Europe, I meant one country in Europe at a time. Yes, Europe combined, it's larger by both population (over double) and market share. Individual countries - or states, per say - are smaller in both categories, this is why I can see why google went first with Poland instead of the entire region of Europe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
TBH.. I hope LG is skipping 5.0 and going straight to 5.0.1 or 5.0.2...

THIS. Big time. By all accounts 5.0 has been buggy as all heck (not just on the G3) so I'd rather bide my time and get it when all the kinks have been worked out. Kit Kat is still working just fine for the time being. I'm content to hang in there for a few more months.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
+1 for both replies. It sounds like 5.0 is full of potential problems that should shouldn't be so potential. I'd rather not be too impulsive and get a dud of an update and just wait for the best version too come out.

After all, that's probably why they released it to Europe first due to the smaller market, thus smallest risk should the be any issues (which the were). I'm fine with waiting, although it doesn't necessarily mean I don't check often. 😆

I wouldn't really say Europe is smaller market. Maybe there are more people in america compared to Europe, but prices are higher here and so is the profit.

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't really say Europe is smaller market. Maybe there are more people in america compared to Europe, but prices are higher here and so is the profit.

What do you mean more people in America ? As in more people that have the G3?

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Im from the uk using the lg g3 d855 and apart from battery drain everything works great. I updated to 5.0 then did a factory reset so it was like a clean install and for a couple of days it was brilliant could get around 28/32 hours on medium use then after the couple of days its more like 12/15 hours now but hopefully the google patch what im seeing on here will sort it when i eventually get it, should be anytime now

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States. Not sure about number of G3's in both areas. This figure might be a lot different in proportion to the population.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Europe has more than twice the population of the United States. Not sure about number of G3's in both areas. This figure might be a lot different in proportion to the population.

Oh, i did not realise so many people live in Europe. My bad. Shame on me as I live in Europe myself

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I found it difficult to get good sales numbers for the G3 in Europe and the USA so I wasn't able to compare. Specific sales numbers of the device were hard to get in general. Perhaps more time is needed to gather data on it.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I found it difficult to get good sales numbers for the G3 in Europe and the USA so I wasn't able to compare. Specific sales numbers of the device were hard to get in general. Perhaps more time is needed to gather data on it.

Yes, i was looking into this some time ago as well. Some american dude called Europe a small and useless marked. I was trying to compare things, but couldn't really find much.

Did however find that the prices are way higher in Europe and that's why brands make more money on us Europeans.

We need those american prices and deals here as well xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20