Hello guys. Seens like my g3 is cursed. After a factory reset i dont get any push notifications from any app. Once i open the app it refreshes itself. But once i exit i get no notifications from facebook google gmail e mail anything. I talked to customer service both provider and lg i restarded the phone i disables and then re enabled push notifications from apps. Nothing works on wireless or mobile network
    01-16-2015 06:19 AM
    Are there any battery-saver or data-saver options turned on? If so, turn them off.
    bishopczc likes this.
    01-16-2015 11:08 AM
    None of those are on. I did a hard reset and it fixed e mail and gmail. Still i am not geting facebook push notifications
    01-16-2015 02:40 PM
    Are all the settings in the FB app set for notifications?
    01-16-2015 02:50 PM
    Yes they are. But some of them are uncheked. I tap them the app says saved but they remain uncheked
    01-16-2015 04:55 PM
    Is downloaded apps checked under settings-display-notification light?
    Attached Thumbnails Lg g3 notification issues-1421563798108.jpg  
    01-18-2015 12:50 AM
    Yep they are. The issue is not with the notificationd led. Its with the lack of push notifications. For example if simeone tags me or likes one post nothing shows up
    01-18-2015 03:32 AM
    Go into application manager and make sure show notifications is ticked. Also something similar happened to me with my Sony phone when I was in WiFi the notifications wouldn't come up but when on cellular date they would. Super weird
    bishopczc likes this.
    01-18-2015 11:08 AM
    Checked that to. All ticked no result. No facebook notifications. Other notification eg gmail or email come in with delay. Starting to think lollipop is a buggy os update
    01-19-2015 03:31 AM
    Checked that to. All ticked no result. No facebook notifications. Other notification eg gmail or email come in with delay. Starting to think lollipop is a buggy os update
    Lollipop has this crazy Priority mode. Check if you turned it on by chance. Also, check the section in Settings > Sound > Apps.
    In the whole list of Apps on your phone, check one by one and see if you have turned on the notification of "Show no notifications from this app"

I had turned it on by mistake for one of the apps on my phone and really had to dig it in to sort the issue.

Thanks,
    Apa'
    bishopczc likes this.
    01-19-2015 04:30 AM
    Thanks, man. Checked that all is normal. I enabled priority notification form those apps. Now im waiting to see what happenes. Also tried to set up notifications from inside the facebook app. There is a long list of unchecked options. When i tick them the app says settings saved but the options remain unticked. Fml
    01-19-2015 05:37 AM
    That's deff true I have heard that if you don't factory reset it after installing 5.0 it's buggy. Maybe try backing up as many files and apps as you can and then factory reset it and I would almost guarantee that your notifications would be fixed. Or wait til the 5.1 update? I can't speak for this bc I haven't received 5.0 yet
    01-19-2015 10:18 AM
    Did a hard reset a factory reset and nothing. I quit. Ill wait for the 5.1 update. If it persists ill take it to the waranty. Maybe the problem is with the pho e
    01-19-2015 11:36 AM
    Just throwing this out there, are you using stock launcher or rooted? Could it possibly be that your software is interfering? I wouldn't doubt that it's the 5.0 update there's so many complaints with how it's interfering with the g3. I'm sorry for your troubles I'll keep an eye open in other threads about a similiar issue and let u know
    bishopczc likes this.
    01-20-2015 09:21 AM
    Thanks brianna. Its not rooted. The hard reset fixed everything but the facebook notification. Just gonna have to live without it
    01-20-2015 10:45 AM
    Np! Hmmm...perhaps Facebook needs an update to support the 5.0 update. I know it's annoying I am the same way but I'm sure devs are working on it!
    bishopczc likes this.
    01-21-2015 08:52 AM
    Lets hope so. I am waiting for the 5.1 update that's due in february. Lets hope that will fix everything
    01-21-2015 10:45 AM
    So, I was having issues with my LG G3 D850 not getting any of the notifications. I rest my phone and still... Nothing. After pulling my hair out and nearly goingcrazy, I decided..what the heck, why not. So, I uninstalled all of the apps that I had installed AND that WERE getting notifications ( for email alerts, payments received...etc) .

I am happy to report that as soon a s I re-installed those apps and set up the notifications, all is well again.

Hope this helps.

Also, I must add that, not a single thread, did I see any suggestions to uninstall then reinstall the apps that were giving me issues.
    Only thing I can figure is, after my reset and restore of my apps, something wonky happened.
    Brian Parker2 likes this.
    03-19-2015 08:10 PM
    I started having the same problem today. Checked all kinds of settings, and between yesterday when it was working and today when it wasn't, nothing really changed on the phone. After seeing this post, I thought I'd try that, but I can't uninstall/reinstall the gmail app, so I just went into the App Info and cleared the data, and re-setup the app and started getting notifications. So far this has worked on two apps that weren't notifying me. It's annoying that I'm going to have to do that on a bunch of apps...but I guess at least it seems to be working.
    04-08-2015 08:39 AM