Alarm Clock not Ringing... Sometimes?

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello Community,

I am a long time Android user, but just recently got the LG G3 (32GB version) with Bell Canada. I had a Samsung SIII for the past few years and upgrade time came. So I did my research, found the LG G3, and so far I've been very happy.

There is one issue, though, that I have found with the alarm clock. I first noticed it Saturday (I got the phone Friday), set up the alarm clock app, and made sure it worked (by setting it 2-3 min in the future and waiting). Saturday morning, I found myself naturally waking up, I didn't think much of it as that is normal for a Saturday. Then I realized that it was around 9 AM (the alarm was set for 8 AM), I asked my wife if she heard it --- she said, "no". So then I set it for a few minutes in the future again, "must have slept through it", I thought (even though I could wake up to the SOUND of the display coming on).

Sunday morning I got woke up by the kids at 6 AM, but noticed that the alarm DID go off at 8 AM (the difference being that since 6 AM, I had the device unplugged and had been using it).

Today, I had my alarm set for 5:30 (my normal waking time during the week), I woke up to the sound of my wife's alarm at 5:45, mine definitely did not go off. I rolled over and opened the alarm app --- everything is set up properly. So then I figure that I'll set it for 5:50, do so, and it goes off at 5:50, I snooze it and it goes off at 6:00.

This morning I installed Alarm Clock Plus, but I won't know if it works properly until tomorrow morning. All my Stock alarm settings are correct, I DO have Quiet Mode turned on for the duration of the night (10 PM -- 6 AM), but some of the tests I ran (eg the 5:50 one) were ran during Quiet Mode. In Quiet mode I have "Block alarms" unchecked. Under the stock Alarm Clock's settings I have "Ring in Silent Mode" checked as well.

Has anyone else seen this or maybe has a resolution? The issue is very difficult to track and gather data for because it is intermittent and hard to test.

aredubjay

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having somewhat the same problem. The alarm DOES ring, but just the first couple of notes on the alarm, then, it "snoozes" itself. It does this for the first three "snoozes." I can only attribute this to a "learned" behavior. It is now, I think, "anticipating" me hitting the "snooze" button for the first three times it alarms (since that's usually what happens). On the fourth, the full alarm sounds. That's my only explanation for the behavior of my phone. Perhaps this phone is too smart for MY own good. Right now, I'm searching for a solution to help the phone "unlearn" this behavior.

eagle_23

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem too since updating to lollipop. Alarm would not go off when in "Do not disturb mode". Still waiting for a fix...

Posted via the Android Central App

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and similar problems with the G2. I was told it had to do with Google voice commands (ok google). I didn't want to turn that off so I just downloaded the alarm clock app and it works fine. Very simple app, limited permissions and works great.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
"Had this problem too since updating to lollipop. Alarm would not go off when in "Do not disturb mode". Still waiting for a fix..."

Im suffering from this issue too. Really annoying now. I put my handset into 'Do not disturb' mode to avoid drunkerly phonecalls at 3am most nights but this silences all alarms aswell.

This was never an issue with Kitkat. You could put your handset into silent mode and still have alarms go off.

I would download another alarm clock app but i reckon the issue will persist with 3rd Party apps, as an alarm is essentially a notification.

Hope LG has a fix for this soon.