Not receiving texts

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Some of you would think this is a good thing, but not me.

The issue is that I am not receiving texts from my wife. It's only her phone I'm not receiving them from. She's on an 16GB iPhone 6, and we're both on AT&T. I'm using the stock Messaging app, and she's using the stock messaging app on her phone.

I spent about an hour online chatting with AT&T support, and they couldn't figure it out. Her phone is sending texts and photos to other numbers. She can even get texts and photos from me.

We can't figure out if it's an issue with her phone or mine. Probably going to the AT&T store tomorrow.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Check out her iPhone settings on Messages. Go to Settings, Messages and check to make sure they look correctly (Google those settings).

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

The issue is that I am not receiving texts from my wife. It's only her phone I'm not receiving them from. She's on an 16GB iPhone 6, and we're both on AT&T. I'm using the stock Messaging app, and she's using the stock messaging app on her phone.

I spent about an hour online chatting with AT&T support, and they couldn't figure it out. Her phone is sending texts and photos to other numbers. She can even get texts and photos from me.

We can't figure out if it's an issue with her phone or mine. Probably going to the AT&T store tomorrow.

Did you by any chance switch from an iPhone to the G3?

The reason why I ask cause that exact problem that you mentioned happened to me, people kept on texting me but I wasn't getting anything. Soon enough, when I checked my conversation with them on iPhones, it still shows sent as iMessage even though I'm not with iOS anymore, so I suggest you go to here and unregister your number with iMessage. Check on your wife's iPhone conversation with you, if it's blue then you need to visit the link that I mentioned.

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Rayfire. I just did that, but I'll have to wait until she gets home from work to test it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

So funny...

It's not an iPhone problem, it's an Apple problem with how they hijack carrier sms text messages. Apple, refusing to work with carriers, caused all of these iMessage problems going around from people switching from iPhones.

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Did you by any chance switch from an iPhone to the G3?

The reason why I ask cause that exact problem that you mentioned happened to me, people kept on texting me but I wasn't getting anything. Soon enough, when I checked my conversation with them on iPhones, it still shows sent as iMessage even though I'm not with iOS anymore, so I suggest you go to here and unregister your number with iMessage. Check on your wife's iPhone conversation with you, if it's blue then you need to visit the link that I mentioned.

That was it. As soon as she got home from work, I tested it, and we can text now.

Thanks a lot for the help and link.

3greatcats

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with getting texts from iphones (Apple). I went from an iPhone 4S to a Droid Turbo and ZAP, no texts from iphone users. The first person said she changed her settings to SMS texts so others got her texts and I do too. The next person did the same thing and that fixed it. The text do have to go to green to on the iphone to be sent. Was still having trouble with a third person so I went into my Apple ID and removed my phone number and now I'm not getting texts from anyone with an iphone. ugh

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with getting texts from iphones (Apple). I went from an iPhone 4S to a Droid Turbo and ZAP, no texts from iphone users. The first person said she changed her settings to SMS texts so others got her texts and I do too. The next person did the same thing and that fixed it. The text do have to go to green to on the iphone to be sent. Was still having trouble with a third person so I went into my Apple ID and removed my phone number and now I'm not getting texts from anyone with an iphone. ugh

Use the link I mentioned a few posts above and see if that would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae