01-29-2015 02:05 PM
26 12
tools
    Just wondering what everyone has there brightness set to on their LG G3 and if they use automatic brightness or not. I have had the phone for a few days. Do you eventually get used to the brightness level being lower than other phones? Also, does the battery eventually get better with more use and charging?
    01-21-2015 09:38 PM
    27% brightness.
    Don't know what you have running, my battery is amazing. Games and you tube will hit the battery hard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2015 09:42 PM
    I keep mine on auto with a 100% baseline. I've yet to get under 60% battery after a day of moderate use. Lithium Ion batteries don't need conditioning, but the software that manages the battery might improve management initially.
    01-21-2015 10:33 PM
    I'm a heavy user (I stream Spotify during my commute and stream tv shows during lunch breaks)

I have my settings at 40% with auto-brightness on. By the end of the day I land at about 50% battery, then I just charge it again.
    01-22-2015 12:57 AM
    I've got my brightness set at 60% and I don't use auto brightness. I'm a very light phone user so from a 100% charge the night before, at the end of the next day I will still be in the high 80's or so. I'm charging my phone every other day right now.
    01-22-2015 10:26 AM
    It just sucks to have such a gorgeous screen but not be able to see the full beauty of it because the brightness determines the battery life
    01-22-2015 11:26 AM
    It just sucks to have such a gorgeous screen but not be able to see the full beauty of it because the brightness determines the battery life
    This is the problem with all phones.

Once you switch from stock brightness control to Lux Auto Brightness, you will never go back.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=E4ddZ4D5
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    01-22-2015 12:42 PM
    My personal theory on phone usage including screen brightness - use the phone as much as want/can and carry a spare battery. Part of the reason I got the G3 - I always choose phones with removable batteries. Carry a spare and you have 2X the battery life and I don't stress on screen brightness/on time. I just use my phone.
    xocomaox and fillossofer like this.
    01-22-2015 02:25 PM
    I seen on forums on how people complain about brightness but me personally i dont see the problem.. The only thing i can say though is lg made a set amount of displays themselfs and they got another company to make some aswell (jd or something like that) i had mine wich is a 16gb 2gb ram d855 next to a friends 32gb 3gb ram d855 and both was on 100% and mine was alot brighter and contrast was better so am guessing some of the criticism about the brightness been low is them people had the other screen and not the lg made screen.. I have mine on auto and when i play certian games i turn auto of and slide it to about 40/50%. And 🔋 life in my opinion gets better depending on what software ur on cause mine was horrid for the first few days then after that it was awsome and i was doing mid usage most days but i get a good day out of mine and sometimes more.. If u can see the screen perfect then dont let other peoples criticism bother u. Just personal prefrence i guess

01-22-2015 03:41 PM
    Lg say the screen can go up to 420/430 nits wich isnt the brightest screen out there but like i said all the lg g3s out there dont have the same manufacturered screen

01-22-2015 03:42 PM
    40%, Auto Brightness OFF.
    01-22-2015 06:23 PM
    Mine is set constantly to about 35%, auto brightness off, and I don't find that I need to mess with it. I can get a full day to a day and a quarter, maybe day and a half, depending on my usage. I notice that phone calls, bluetooth and texting really don't seem to use much of the battery. It's FB, youtube and web surfing where I start to see the drain.
    01-22-2015 06:23 PM
    My Mix is set to about 45-50% in a bright room, 39% in moderately lit rooms, and -45% in pitch black. I am glad to have such a low % in pitch black because it helps with reading manga very well.
    01-22-2015 07:58 PM
    I use auto but hate super bright screens, haven't had any problems with this Idk why people think it doesn't go bright enough??
    01-22-2015 09:00 PM
    I leave it manually set to 80%.
    01-22-2015 10:44 PM
    This is the problem with all phones.

Once you switch from stock brightness control to Lux Auto Brightness, you will never go back.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=wSnb40Ua
    Did it really benefit your phone especially battery efficiency? I'm planning to buy it but not so sure since I'm getting mixed reviews from other G3 users at the Play Store.

EDIT: I bought it since I was curious lol. I'll report back after a couple days of running this app and see how it affects battery and how well it does adjust my brightness setting. So far though, I like what features it has to offer and how my G3 now reacts to my study lamp.
    01-22-2015 11:12 PM
    Did it really benefit your phone especially battery efficiency? I'm planning to buy it but not so sure since I'm getting mixed reviews from other G3 users at the Play Store.

EDIT: I bought it since I was curious lol. I'll report back after a couple days of running this app and see how it affects battery and how well it does adjust my brightness setting. So far though, I like what features it has to offer and how my G3 now reacts to my study lamp.
    I can say yes to better battery life, but the real benefit is that since you can set custom profiles based on the amount of light the sensor gets, it saves so much time from having to manually adjust.

I currently use the free version, actually. But thinking about buying it, because it's so useful.
    01-23-2015 05:30 AM
    I can say yes to better battery life, but the real benefit is that since you can set custom profiles based on the amount of light the sensor gets, it saves so much time from having to manually adjust.

I currently use the free version, actually. But thinking about buying it, because it's so useful.
    I haven't really tinkered with the profiles since I've put it into auto and adjust on wake; and yes I can see the benefits for the battery based on how it adjusts the brightness of my phone. I must say, it works pretty darn good, worth it.
    01-24-2015 02:12 AM
    50%, sometimes in AUTO.
    01-24-2015 07:13 AM
    Does anyone know what the little "c" means on the L version brightness slider when you toggle the lower button a few times?

01-25-2015 06:08 PM
    Ive wonderd what that little c is since the lollipop update lol

01-25-2015 06:40 PM
    I went through a phase of keeping the brightness low to try to maximize battery life. Now I use Lux to keep it set where it's easy for me to see and read. I generally get through most of a day without needing to charge, but I top it off at some point during the day just to be safe. Chargers are cheap. Get one for your work, and one for your car, and add a little juice when you can. I refuse to put up with a dim screen just so I can brag about battery life.
    xocomaox likes this.
    01-26-2015 10:09 PM
    Does lux really work?
    01-29-2015 09:51 AM
    Does lux really work?
    Not only does it work, it's a lot more configurable (this is what Android is all about) and very powerful.
    01-29-2015 12:08 PM
    Does lux really work?
    So far it does, but I emailed the Dev about some bugs that I can't receive notifications properly from Blue Mail but he hasn't answered.

Trying to get it sorted out as I like how Lux works but if it's ruining my email notifications, might have to ask for a refund. You can try the free version if you want.
    01-29-2015 12:31 PM
26 12