I have couple of questions about lg g3(his software)

Mobilelgg3

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I am new here so I apologize in advance if I made a post in the wrong topic.
I have a few questions that I have not managed to find an adequate response.
Here is the questions:
1. When I open music-folders , files which are in this folder aren't sorted by they name (same thing happens when I open file manager-music-(folder in which the music are ).If I open "all music"," favorite music" or any other way to open music , everything is sorted right , only in this 2 cause sort thing doesn't work. (tried to open folder via file manager and sort there , sort from computer. Nothing work ) . It isn't some big problem but it's really frustrating.
2.Is there any app or widget which show how may ram left, cpu usage?
3.Is there any app which show what apps are currently open in background , and have option to close it ? (I would like when I close app , close it 100% , not for example : when I pause video and exit , if I start it again I want to start from beginning not where I stopped)
4.Is there any way in which I can see what apps use my network in background ? And have option to block update, or some other way to drain network in background? (I know that, I can disable network, but I don't want to lose kb/s when he is turned on, or some app which have permission to connect no matter what )
5.Is there any way in which search in file manager work same like windows search?(search everything that contain given word? In my case he search only files, no folders etc.
6.I don't understand google now option disable/enable. I disable it and still can use voice search in google? (btw where is history when I search that way via home screen widget? )
7. How I can disable allow sites to request access to my location in google chrome?
8. Is there solution in which I can disable url suggestions in internet ? (like I can do it on google chrome)?
9.What means lock on videos which I got with phone?
10. In app update I saw that I can download apps which was cleared by smart cleaning(idle apps). That means that each application I delete can restore via app update or only by smart cleaner?
11.And is there any way to speed up notification light,to flash faster?( when I receive miss call I see notification led every 1-2 min)?

I apologize for the length of the text,but I couldn't find answers other ways . I saw that there are a lot of smart people who would be able to help me.
Once again, I apologize, and thank you in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am new here so I apologize in advance if I made a post in the wrong topic.
This is the right place.

I can answer only a few of these:

2.Is there any app or widget which show how may ram left
Android isn't Windows - unused RAM is wasted RAM, so as much RAM as possible should be used. Any "left" is being wasted. (If it's all in use and you want to run something else, Android will kill what needs to be killed to run what you tell it to run.) But if you long-press the Home button, then press the little circle in the lower-left corner, you'll see what apps are running. You can stop any or all of them. If you press RAM at the top, you'll see how much is being used.

cpu usage?
What's being used is being used, you can't change it, so what's the difference?

3.Is there any app which show what apps are currently open in background
See #2. ("Background", in Android, is any app that's not the one you're seeing, so all apps that are running are running in the background except the one you're looking at. You can't see what programs are running in Linux unless you run ps from a terminal or adb.)

and have option to close it ?
You don't want to do that in Android - let Android close the apps it has to close.

(I would like when I close app , close it 100% , not for example : when I pause video and exit , if I start it again I want to start from beginning not where I stopped)
Then use MX Player. If you closed it when a video was stopped, it lets you start from the beginning or continue from where you stopped as soon as you choose the video.

4.Is there any way in which I can see what apps use my network in background ?
There's probably an app for that.

And have option to block update
App updates? In Play Store. (You have to turn Update off for each one.) Android version update? Disable the update app, root the ROM, install a custom ROM - all of those should stop updates.

or some other way to drain network in background? (I know that, I can disable network, but I don't want to lose kb/s when he is turned on, or some app which have permission to connect no matter what )
Root and use Greenify, so only the apps you want running in the background (apps you didn't open) will run. You probably want to keep alarms, email and text running and Greenify almost everything else.

5.Is there any way in which search in file manager work same like windows search?(search everything that contain given word? In my case he search only files, no folders etc.
ES File Explorer.

10. In app update I saw that I can download apps which was cleared by smart cleaning(idle apps). That means that each application I delete can restore via app update or only by smart cleaner?
If you uninstall an app you can only get it back by downloading it again, unless you've backed it up with an app backup app (I use App Backup & Restore.) And "smart cleaning" in Windows (releasing RAM) becomes "Stupid cleaning" in Android, because Android was designed to NOT "clean" RAM. See Multitasking the Android Way for an explanation of how Android was designed - by one of the Android engineers - and why you shouldn't "clean" anything. (And why people who write such apps are usually laughed at by those who understand how Android works.)

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have for years heard heard how Android manages everything and don't swet memory usage. I gyess that's the theory, but in practice, every Android I've had runs best new with hardly any apps installed. Also, clearing caches and killing apps often frees a locked up android cell. My three Androids have been LGs. My wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 acts that way too.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
2. Quite a few. I don't use them, so I'm not sure exactly what ones to recommend, but if you search the play store for something like RAM widget you should find them.

3. Yes. Again, search the play store. One app I like a lot is System Panel. But killing apps and restarting them is bad for battery life, so I wouldn't recommend doing it.

4. This is mostly built-in. Go to settings / mobile data, and scroll down. You'll see which apps have used how much data. Tap on an app, and you can set it to restrict background data unless on WiFi.

5. Not sure, but there are many file managers in the play store.

9. Not positive, but maybe this: Content lock

11. Lightflow gives you lots of LED customization options, including blink rate, on a per app basis.