G3 having trouble with transferred pictures

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Having been a long term BlackBerry user, starting with the curve model in 2008 and most recently with the Z10, I finally decided to take the plunge and switch to Android. Its definitely a transition and I have to say that I miss the BB10 hub more than anything, but one problem I can't solve is with my photos.

I transferred all of my photos from my Z10 to my laptop and then proceeded to import them to a freshly formatted SD card on my G3 via the USB cable. Approximately 30% of my photo's show up with an exclamation mark inside a warning triangle in the gallery app and I cannot view them.

My first thought was corruption, however, if I browse my SD card from my laptop via the USB cable I can view these pictures just fine. I also tried using an app to force a rescan of my media files to no avail, as well as removing and recopying the pictures.

The pictures are in jpg format. Does anyone know why my G3 cannot view them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try copying the photos directly to the SD card while it's plugged into the computer's SD reader. Unmount the card first (in Settings>Storage), remove it, insert it into the computer's reader, and delete all of those erroneous photos from the card. Now use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the original photos over to the SD card again (use the Copy command, not the Move command).

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Try opening them with a different image application. Download ES File Explorer and browse to where they are located and open them up with the built-in ES image viewer and see what happens.

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I did try ES File Explorer and it experienced the same issues.

I think I will try the suggestion about copying them directly with a media card reader as I have an SD slot on my laptop and see if that rectifies the situation.

Thanks again!

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Having been through the suggestions, I have determined that a large number of my photos have indeed been corrupted while transferring from my BlackBerry to the LG, therefore the only recourse I had was to delete them. Most of them I should be able to recover from backups, thankfully.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon