Slow access to media into G3

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello.. I'm missing something here or something is wrong on my phone.. I'm coming from iPhone 5, LG g2 for a year and now the g3 since the release week, lately I'm notice when I open the gallery to see a picture it take no less than 10sec to open all the pics.. Easy can be 1500 files no more I'm sure, so why take so long to open it??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the photos on Internal Storage or an SD card? If the SD card is slow (i.e., Class 4, rather than Class 10), the read/write times may be slower, and therefore it may take longer to show a huge number of photos in the gallery.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Are the photos on Internal Storage or an SD card? If the SD card is slow (i.e., Class 4, rather than Class 10), the read/write times may be slower, and therefore it may take longer to show a huge number of photos in the gallery.

i got your point, i know about the speed of the sd card but in this case they are in the internal storage

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1500 pics is a lot. When you say it takes at least 10 seconds to open all of them, are you talking about the thumbnails only?

Let me take this opportunity also to encourage you to back up those photos, if they aren't already. If those photos are important to you, don't keep them solely on the phone. If something happens to the phone, they're gone.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
1500 pics is a lot. When you say it takes at least 10 seconds to open all of them, are you talking about the thumbnails only?

Let me take this opportunity also to encourage you to back up those photos, if they aren't already. If those photos are important to you, don't keep them solely on the phone. If something happens to the phone, they're gone.

i did transferred all the pictures and videos into the G2 to the Box app , i guess is time to clean the house again but still, as i remember i was keeping like 2000+ into the iphone and still fast to find a pic any time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed