Upgrade to G3?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Nice. It's good to have connections, lol. Yes, the N6 is wider than both the G3 and the iPhone 6 +, but the G3 beats both of these phones in dimensions.

Klaus Piontek

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Instead of starting my own thread, I thought I just ask sort of the same question.
I have the Nexus 5 and battery life is the greatest problem with it, even after the Lollipop upgrade.
T-Mobile here in the US has dropped the price of the LG G3 to $450 for the 32GB/3Gb version, making it roughly comparable in price to the Nexus 5 when it first came out. The newest flagships (GS6, G4 etc.) this year are out of the question for me and the G3 is as large as I'd want to go.
Would the upgrade make sense? Battery life on the G3 can be mixed, too, but seems usually better with 4-5 h screen on time.
Or should I try to hang in there until 2016? Any advice?

Thanks.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a G3 and I sold it because the Note 4 came out. I had it for a couple months and just last week traded a guy straight up for another G3. That's how much I love it. Newer doesn't always need to be better. It's what ur comfortable with and for what the G3 offers it was a no brainer for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Klaus Piontek

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
And it seems it's a good time to get one with the prices dropping. Amazon.com offers now the ATT 32GB version for $478 off contract with a $100 Amazon gift card until February 14th, making it effectively $378. I'll take another look at the store and maybe wait to see whether T-Mobile follows with another price reduction.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
And it seems it's a good time to get one with the prices dropping. Amazon.com offers now the ATT 32GB version for $478 off contract with a $100 Amazon gift card until February 14th, making it effectively $378. I'll take another look at the store and maybe wait to see whether T-Mobile follows with another price reduction.

It's free at Verizon now.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Haha. I wouldn't go with Verizon if they paid me.
Haha. Well, they do have the best signal around. And depending on where you live, it could be the only option.

I am on Verizon because of the family plan I'm in. Not sure if I would leave it, though. I miss the ability to use international phones though..

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The CDMA platform is out of date. GSM is world-wide. As for the best signal around, that may be true in your area, but NOT nationwide, as they claim. XLTE is just a fancy way of saying 4G LTE, and the FCC should call them out on that bit of false advertising. Where i live(in SW Fla.), there's a Verizon store in every shopping mall. That's good, because sooner or later they will over extend themselves. Verizon should stick to their Fios division.:p

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Possibly hold out for the 2015 flagships... They are all very close now.

It does all the things you asked if it does but I agree here. 2015 phones will be released in a few short months. If anything, sell your g2 and buy a used cheap one on eBay to hold u over. I have an upgrade in July and I'm holding out to see g4, s6 and even the new Sony line. Great phones are expected. Don't use an upgrade you'll regret it

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The CDMA platform is out of date. GSM is world-wide. As for the best signal around, that may be true in your area, but NOT nationwide, as they claim. XLTE is just a fancy way of saying 4G LTE, and the FCC should call them out on that bit of false advertising. Where i live(in SW Fla.), there's a Verizon store in every shopping mall. That's good, because sooner or later they will over extend themselves. Verizon should stick to their Fios division.:p

I understand the difference with CDMA and GSM, and agree that there should be one platform. However, signal that I've tested recently in several parts of the country are better on Verizon phones than any others. These places shine out in the boonies where there's hardly any population (farms and swampland areas). I'm fairly confident that Verizon's coverage outpaces the others when it comes to the United States.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand the difference with CDMA and GSM, and agree that there should be one platform. However, signal that I've tested recently in several parts of the country are better on Verizon phones than any others. These places shine out in the boonies where there's hardly any population (farms and swampland areas). I'm fairly confident that Verizon's coverage outpaces the others when it comes to the United States.

Well, that's your opinion which you are entitled to.:p

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Where I live, Verizon and ATT have equal service. And I have Verizon and can't stand how they have to Mark their territory on every phone and butcher designs (z3v) when I get off my moms plan I am definitely switching to ATT. Service in New York is not a problem and I like how ATT gets phones and upgrades first. I do believe cdma may cover a little more in the USA but internationally GSM networks do cover more. Thing is though all of these phone are global now and can connect to GSM networks when abroad so who really cares?? Haha I studied in Italy and had no problem with my global BlackBerry connecting to GSM networks when there. I even bought a Vodafone SIM card and popped that in and it worked flawlessly. So even though it's cdma here unless I'm mistaken it still can connect to GSM networks. Oh yea my boyfriend has ATT and we changed some settings around in the Samsung s5 we won at Jimmy Fallon and it connected to GSM networks with his SIM in! They all should be on GSM networks Verizon is so difficult lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar