Why does my alarm go off when it's not set?

TAEMONEY

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Why does my alarm go off when it's not set

I have Sprint's LG G3. I use the stock alarm to wake me up in the morning for work. I set it to sound off for 6 am M-F. I dismiss the alarm every morning. But later in the afternoon it sounds off even though there is no alarm set for that time. When I disarm the alarm I have set then it doesn't give me a problem. But as long as it is set it goes off twice, once in the m morning at the correct time and once more in the afternoon on they middle of my work day. Had anyone else had this problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my alarm go off when it's not set

Sounds silly, but have you tried deleting the alarm and re-adding it?

Also, I'm curious as if this happens exactly 12 hours later. Like, it sounds off at 6AM and then again at exactly 6PM or is it a 'random' time in the afternoon?

TAEMONEY

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to try deleting it and then adding it again. No it goes off at random. Like today I had it set for 6am and it went off at 6am and then again at 2pm.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

My stock clock does this. At this very moment, the alarm I set, went off, press check to end it; hours later the alarm icon is at the top....active. lol. Just one of those things overlooked?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

My stock clock does this. At this very moment, the alarm I set, went off, press check to end it; hours later the alarm icon is at the top....active. lol. Just one of those things overlooked?

Posted via the Android Central App

Well, that's an Android thing (annoying to me since it takes up space, but OK). As long as there's an alarm active, the alarm icon is on the notification bar. Even if the alarm is set to go off in two days, it's there, reminding you that your alarm is set.

TAEMONEY

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Well I tried your suggestion of deleting the alarms and then adding it again. Today it performed as it should with no repeats. I guess my problem is solved... Temporarily at least. Thanks for your help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Let's see if it permanently fixed it...and if it doesn't happen again. Weird that it happened though...