Videos too large for text messages.

Bamafan501

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Every time I record something it says it's too large to send in a text message. I have tried to change the settings too make the video's lower quality but it still says they are too large. Any suggestions?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am actually using a Galaxy Note 4, so not specific to your phone, but I was intrigued by your post because, for years I have had the same issue with other phones as well. The only answer I always came across was.....cameras on the phones the last several years have such high resolution that the files become so large and impossible to send by text. I don't know if that is true of all model phones but I guess it makes sense. I have tried very short 5 second videos, no luck.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
On my carrier, AT&T, text messages are limited to 1 MB. I had the problem of sending pix using the native texting app even though the photos were supposedly reduced automatically by the app. There was no setting that said to what extent the photos were reduced. I switched to Textra, and was able to manually select the reduction, and found that 600 kb worked, where 1 MB did not. YMMV

the_newnormal

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Videos are far too large for a text message. Even photos need to be squashed before sending. Only option I'm aware of is uploading to cloud storage (box, onedrive, dropbox, drive, hightail etc) then text a link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2