LG G3 cracked screen, how can I repair it?

Jean Ribot

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi I just cracked my screen yesterday. My phone fell one time and now it's ruined. The tactil is almost not working anymore, I can't even unlock the phone. I'd like to know exactly what did I broken doing this (screen+lcd?) and is there any repair kit, or If you guys know any repair shops around London.

Cheers

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum, albeit under sad circumstances. :(

Whatever the damage, and whatever repair may be necessary, bear in mind the possibility that the drop may have done damage to more than the screen. Simply having the screen replaced might not be enough. In your position I'd consider sending the phone to LG for repair....you can be sure that they'll do it properly. That isn't to say that other repairers wouldn't, of course.

Posted via the Android Central App

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I would do the same. Or if you have warranty with your carrier pay the deductible for a replacement. If it is just a cracked screen you're looking at 100$+ to fix just that. I know through Verizon it's 99.99$ (I believe) for a replacement device and if there is any more damage it will be covered. If you have no warranty I agree send it into LG you are covered for some things (not cracked screens but other things) for the first year

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to add a link for a thread on this mobile app but just search for LG g3 cracked screen and someone wrote how cheap and easy it is to fix yourself and also said the touch screen didn't work bc of the ctack they fixed themselves in 30 mins and it's perfect . people are commenting how easy it is maybe a take a look

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you're going to do it yourself, go with the option to buy the LCD screen + digitizer glass as one unit. Chances are your LCD screen is fine but the digitizer cracked. Unless you see color bleeding and other strange things of that nature, it's probably just the glass.

The reason I recommend getting the entire unit ($100USD vs $35USD) is because the method for removing and replacing just the digitizer is difficult and very problematic. There's a separation process that has to be followed which includes heat and glue and you don't want that headache.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
If you're going to do it yourself, go with the option to buy the LCD screen + digitizer glass as one unit. Chances are your LCD screen is fine but the digitizer cracked. Unless you see color bleeding and other strange things of that nature, it's probably just the glass.

The reason I recommend getting the entire unit ($100USD vs $35USD) is because the method for removing and replacing just the digitizer is difficult and very problematic. There's a separation process that has to be followed which includes heat and glue and you don't want that headache.

Yes he's right. I only briefly read the other post about it but still more affordable and you can do it yourself.

Halllen

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, you can call LG to do a test for you. If only the screen is broken you can ask them to replace a new one for you. Or you can get a cheap screen replacement from hcqs.cc and do the replacement following the video guide on YouTube.