10-06-2016 09:06 PM
38 12
tools
    Hey guys wuzup it's upstreammiami at it again.

Scared to root? Need help? All you have to do is hit me up on my Google Hangout!!!! (it's on my signature) we will walk through every single step and even flash roms the whole 9 yards...

If anything goes wrong I can remote use your computer using TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings and fix the issues.

The only thing I ask is for you to at least have sdk installed on your pc http://dl.google.com/android/install....1-windows.exe just install I'll do the rest.

Don't think this is a scam so I can remote use your computer. I have rooted over 150 members on this forums and even made front page a couple of times....

im free any time after 10 am!!!

Thanks for letting me help you.
    tardus, murof, PaulieC83 and 1 others like this.
    02-07-2015 01:35 PM
    Nice offer and, since you haven't been permbanned in almost 5 years, I'll assume you're one of the good guys. But ... errr ... 10AM where? You didn't mention your time zone.

I don't have an LG (and could probably manage to find a ROM and rooting method in a few minutes if I did), but I'm sure that a lot of people who have G3s and want to root or change ROMs thank you.
    jc1985 likes this.
    02-07-2015 02:01 PM
    Appears his locale is Miami,Fl.
    jc1985 likes this.
    02-07-2015 02:18 PM
    Nice offer and, since you haven't been permbanned in almost 5 years, I'll assume you're one of the good guys. But ... errr ... 10AM where? You didn't mention your time zone.

I don't have an LG (and could probably manage to find a ROM and rooting method in a few minutes if I did), but I'm sure that a lot of people who have G3s and want to root or change ROMs thank you.

yes im one of the good guys ...im in south florida usa
    Ilza Ilzete and jc1985 like this.
    02-07-2015 04:37 PM
    Nice gesture. I recently picked up a G3. What is a good ROM to use if I (well, you) root?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 08:51 PM
    Any root for 5.0 yet?

02-08-2015 02:31 AM
    Nice gesture. I recently picked up a G3. What is a good ROM to use if I (well, you) root?

i like Illusion rom aosp lollipop

Any root for 5.0 yet?

you would need to downgrade than root ...i just did this to my replacement
    ibcop likes this.
    02-08-2015 02:16 PM
    No one wants to root? Lol
    02-21-2015 01:20 PM
    Hey if you use my computer will you be able to root this unrootable phone? It is the Alcatel One Touch Icon Pop A564C. I have tried every known 4.4.2 root method. This device won't work with any of these root methods Towelroot, Kingoroot, One Click Root, Iroot, Vroot, Framaroot, Poot, Root Genus, Kingo Root, Easy Root. These are some of the root methods I have tried I cant remember them all. The kernel is newer then towelroot allows and all known exploits were patched by Alcatel. Any help rooting this phone would be awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Let me help you root [Root Man]-screenshot_2015-02-22-08-44-45.jpg  
    jc1985 likes this.
    02-22-2015 08:49 AM
    I actually may have some interest in your services but I have a quick question first.

I rooted and rom'd this phone once (Verizon G3) and didn't have much trouble with the process. The one problem I did have was once I flashed cm12 I lost root and access to recovery. Was that screw up on my end or is that what happens when you root using an exploit without a truly unlocked bootloader?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

02-23-2015 09:29 AM
    I actually may have some interest in your services but I have a quick question first.

I rooted and rom'd this phone once (Verizon G3) and didn't have much trouble with the process. The one problem I did have was once I flashed cm12 I lost root and access to recovery. Was that screw up on my end or is that what happens when you root using an exploit without a truly unlocked bootloader?

How can you lose root in cm12 ? You can enable or disable it in developer options.

02-23-2015 12:51 PM

I've heard of issues with people flashing CM12 and then they lose TWRP, something to do with F2FS converting your data. I am still researching this issue.
    02-23-2015 12:59 PM
    You mind keeping me abreast of the issue? I'd love to pimp this bad boy out.

02-23-2015 08:39 PM
    You mind keeping me abreast of the issue? I'd love to pimp this bad boy out.
    Did you enable root access in developer options?

Can you turn the phone completely off and hold power and volume down (or possibly up) to get to recovery menu?
    02-24-2015 07:34 AM
    Did you enable root access in developer options?

Can you turn the phone completely off and hold power and volume down (or possibly up) to get to recovery menu?
    I didn't enable root in the developer options. I wasn't aware at the time that you could do that in cm12.

I wasn't able to enter recovery through the power buttons or through any apps. When I have a little free time I'll give it a try again. I'm currently back on stock.

Thanks guys

xocomaox likes this.
    02-25-2015 07:40 AM
    No one wants to root? Lol
    PM Sent. I scared...
    02-26-2015 07:00 AM
    PM Sent. I scared...
    Got it let me look up your phone and firmware.... Also I have had other people pm me if I can root phones that don't even have a guide to be rooted... I only root phones that have been rooted by developers.. I just follow the guides.
    02-26-2015 10:11 AM
    Got it let me look up your phone and firmware.... Also I have had other people pm me if I can root phones that don't even have a guide to be rooted... I only root phones that have been rooted by developers.. I just follow the guides.
    Well, someone over at another G3 forum said they had luck using this method on their VZW G3 running 12b taking it back to 10b so it can be rooted.
    [Guide] [VS985] Flash Back To Stock - KDZ Me… | Verizon LG G3 | XDA Forums
    What do you think?
    I'll probably try it this weekend. It's been awahile since I reset my phone. I'm sure it's time
    02-27-2015 07:49 AM
    Well, someone over at another G3 forum said they had luck using this method on their VZW G3 running 12b taking it back to 10b so it can be rooted.
    [Guide] [VS985] Flash Back To Stock - KDZ Me… | Verizon LG G3 | XDA Forums
    What do you think?
    I'll probably try it this weekend. It's been awahile since I reset my phone. I'm sure it's time
    This method works perfectly fine for the Verizon G3.
    scottysize likes this.
    02-27-2015 07:52 AM
    After reading through the 2 posts, I believe I'll probably try the tot methode first. [GUIDE][HOW TO][VS985] Restore Verizon to St… | Verizon LG G3 | XDA Forums
    02-27-2015 08:54 AM
    After reading through the 2 posts, I believe I'll probably try the tot methode first. [GUIDE][HOW TO][VS985] Restore Verizon to St… | Verizon LG G3 | XDA Forums
    I've done both of these methods personally but found the KDZ method to be easier. They will both work, however.
    02-27-2015 10:28 AM
    first off please forgive my ignorance.

i went through steps to go back to 10 and want to install the most basic/simplest ROM there is. i cant figure out the next step.

i am coming from a galazy nexus which i love but its showing its age now. all i need is to be able to tether on the lg g3 with my unlimited data.

my brain hurts really bad but i finally got all the pieces of the puzzle and have it on a custom ROM.

peace out

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    02-27-2015 07:16 PM
    Could use some help vs985 12B

02-27-2015 10:05 PM
    Could use some help vs985 12B

I've recently switched to the Illusion ROM on my LG G3 VS985, also came from 12B. These are the steps I followed:

http://lgg3root.com/lg-g3-root/how-t...unbrick-lg-g3/

Once back on the 10 firmware I used stump root, the installed flashify to install TWRP custom recovery and finally TWRP to install the custom ROM and gapps.

Hope this gives you some direction.

02-28-2015 07:14 AM
    There is no root for Lollipop.... Easiest way to achieve root is downgrading to kit kat with the LG flash tool, StumpRoot, Flash TWRP. Done.
    02-28-2015 07:49 AM
38 12