AT&T LG G3 update (2/10/15) LOLLIPOP!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
gotta tell you guys,i hate lollipop,quiet time is gone,my notifications are all out of whack.i want kit kat back

I agree, and having to do a reset may be necessary but ludicrous. If companies as large as Google, AT&T and LG cannot get their act in order on a new software, they need to go out of business. Do they even care how big of a pain in the rear end a factory reset it? Not the initial reset, but the signing on to all the apps that require sign on, such as Onstar, AT&T information, and quite a few others.

I'm going through that right now and not a happy camper. Even Microsoft does not have these problems....

Almost forces me to head to iPhone next time just to see what the other side looks like....

And yes, if this is whining that too bad for those who don't like it...tough!!!

FreeMason-Mike

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I just update my LG G3 to the new 5.01 Lollipop. Now my OK Google won’t respond. I used to be able to just say OK Google and it would come right up now it doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ricki321

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Updated mine Tuesday morning , and then did a factory reset (what a drag -- but better safe than sorry). So far, everything seems fine. The two issues, and my personal dislike of some new interface elements aside, are;

Occasionally, knock-on/double-tap does not wake the phone. If I press the power button, it does come back to life. So, in this, 1. initial panic thinking the phone had been off, and I may have missed a call :-( ; 2. I selected this phone based partly on this feature. Also, the sync <-> email/calender/contacts apps seem out of wack. The phone appears to sync to MS Exchange ok. However, sometimes after receiving a new mail notification, I'll open the email app, and wait a few seconds for it to update -and- the actual email appear. Additionally, there's lag while typing a message.

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I agree, and having to do a reset may be necessary but ludicrous. If companies as large as Google, AT&T and LG cannot get their act in order on a new software, they need to go out of business. Do they even care how big of a pain in the rear end a factory reset it? Not the initial reset, but the signing on to all the apps that require sign on, such as Onstar, AT&T information, and quite a few others.

I'm going through that right now and not a happy camper. Even Microsoft does not have these problems....

Almost forces me to head to iPhone next time just to see what the other side looks like....

And yes, if this is whining that too bad for those who don't like it...tough!!!

I am with you 100 percent. The whole backup process on Android is lacking to say the least. Coming from an iPhone where the backup system finally got done right with iCloud backup I am pretty frustrated right now. A shame too because I love Android otherwise.

Really hoping Lollipop does something for my battery life. Given others experiences it seems hit or miss although those doing a factory reset are reporting better results so keeping my fingers crossed.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone seems fine now except for battery drain. That seems excessive. I guess I may have to do a hard reset. I've never reset this particular phone. Not looking forward to it. What's the best steps to take? what am I going to have to do? Is there a how to on it here? I'll look around but if anyone has a quick link,that would be much appreciated.

tnx

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
does anyone elses notifications let them pull down to see more or hold it to open it? i think ive figured everything else out. does anyone know how to get the weather notifications off the lock screen thats the only thing i hate

costarican hottie

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the notification Wednesday night and downloaded it right away. So far so good. The only issue I've ran into is with the Beats app. The repeat song function isn't working and my playlist was playing like a medley. Each song was playing for a few seconds then switching to the next song.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2825.jpg
    2825.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 158

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset post 5.0.1 and cannot connect to some wi-fi networks that I frequent. Any ideas? Tried adding them, rebooting, forgetting, rebooting to no avail.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
This feels like change for the sake of change. Silent/Vibrate/Sound has worked for how long? Nah, get rid of that. Like when you have your phone on the charger and can see the battery percentage? Nah, lets change it to an estimate of how many minutes until it's full. And no, I don't want to add the percentage to my bar, as I already have two icons for priority only instead of one like I needed for silent.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Update #2 - after 24 hours or so ...

UGH
  • App selection pause has improved - hope it continues to improve
  • SMS messages via Messenger - still seeing occassional messages being delayed
  • Worked on the SD card issue a lot. What I found - if I migrate an app to the SD card, various problems start poppng up:
  • - SD card keeps unmounting then mounting - randomly
  • - Every time I unlock the phone, the system is remounting the SD card and posts an on-screen alert.
  • -- Does this mean it is unmounting it every time I lock the screen?
  • - Phone will randomly lockup when moving between homescreens - requires battery pull
  • If I use the SD card for storage only (photos, songs, videos, etc.) the phone operates fine with non of the "randon" issues. If I migrate an app to the SD card, the issues resurface. This looks to be an LG G3 issue, not an Android OS issue.

WOW
  • Phone is smoother
  • The number of apps that will not work quite right with Lollipop has been few. Most work quite well.
  • The battery life has not degraded at all as far as I can tell at this time.

So far as time has gone by, the device has smoothed out and things have gradually improved. It would have been better if either Google, LG, or AT&T had communicated this out ahead of time. The forced upgrade by AT&T was most unwelcome to me especially in the middle of a working day.

So far, the SD card has been the single biggest issue.
I'll post a further update with any additional changes and findings.

Wow. I think you definitely win the prize for worst upgrade experience. I don't think I've read of anyone with that many problems updating. Hope you're able to get it sorted.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
any issues aside,does a factory reset,return the quiet time button?

No, it doesn't. It was replaced by Do Not Disturb, which seems to give more granular control over what does and doesn't get through during the chosen time period. Takes a little more work to set up, though.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Man, I guess I really, really did luck out. Almost three days on after my in place upgrade and not one issue. Everything has been golden so far. Hope the rest of you are able to get your issues worked out

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Man, I guess I really, really did luck out. Almost three days on after my in place upgrade and not one issue. Everything has been golden so far. Hope the rest of you are able to get your issues worked out

I've been good as well. No issues and didn't factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My only issue so far, definitely a Lollipop issue, is that my wireless charging on my Powermat is no longer reliable. Before Lollipop, I would get a brief icon in the circle case when placing the phone on the Powermat, showing that the phone was being charged, the LED would turn red, and I'd see a green light on the bottom of the Powermat. The battery would get charged to 100% and all lights would go off. Now, I no longer get the brief icon in the circle, but the LED oscillates red and the green light on the bottom of the Powermat comes on. But everything turns off after charging the battery to something less, 82%, 87%, and even a second placement on the Powermat will not result in a full charge. Normally the Powermat chirps when the phone is place on it, and taken off. Now the Powermat chirps intermittently throughout the night.
However, weighing this issue against the problems I might encounter with a factory reset, it's just not worth fooling with any longer. I'm just going back to a corded charger for more reliability. Don't even think I'll go back to a Powermat even if the bug is fixed.
It is surprising that AT&T, who is backing the PMA version of wireless charging, would let Lollipop out without fixing this.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Update since I upgraded last week:

No reset. before I was seeing very fast battery drain and having the SD card unmount constantly. I moved all apps to phone instead on card. No more issues with SD card. And today all of a sudden the battery started working great. It's been on battery for 16 hours and phone estimates another 22 left on the 59% battery. No charger mid day like I normally do. Granted I haven't been on the phone as much as I am during the week, but this is a DRASTIC improvement.

Hopefully, it's smooth sailing now

TheTaste

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Might as well add my experience to the list of grievances. I updated on the 12th and immediately noticed terrible network coverage. In my building I used to get 3 bars of LTE at my desk, now I had 1-2 bars of E or even G (whatever the hell that is??). I forced the phone back to KK using the method on XDA and everything seemed back to normal. Yesterday the damn phone upgraded to LP without my permissions, but it seems like it might be a better install this time. I'll know for certain on Monday when I'm back at the office. Fingers crossed.

Anybody else notice a huge loss of signal strength? Could be a leading cause of mysterious battery drain.

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess that anyone who had a good update experience is busy using their phones, so I will share mine.

I may have taken a redundant approach but I wanted to make sure that there was no old 4.xx LG gremlins lurking so what I did was do a factory reset BEFORE taking the 5.01 upgrade. Once the reset was complete, I skipped the google login and used wifi to take the 5.01 update.

Once the update was done I then did ANOTHER factory reset to make sure that I was starting with a clean LG factory install. Once this was done I disabled the many ATT apps and let google re-install my apps.

My experience so far has been flawless. Everything is clean and smooth, connections are fast and consistent. I am really loving the update and my only complaint is how LG ruined the Lollipop lock screen notifications. Thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-but-lg-killed-lock-screen-notifications.html