Is anyone else seeing a massive battery drain after updating to lollipop? I just updated this afternoon. By this evening i would normally have around 60% battery life left but I'm down to 30% and dropping fast. I admit it's been close to a month since i've performed a healthy charge, but this drain is excessive. Its telling me my screen accounts for 49% of usage for today, but i haven't changed anything and made sure all settings were identical prior to the update.
    02-12-2015 01:20 AM
    No change here so far, played with settings most of the time which led to more battery use.

Screen display usually accounts for most of the battery use but did it show any other apps or settings that used more battery than before?
    02-12-2015 01:49 AM
    My screen has always been the worst offender at around 50%. No other app has came close to that. On the upside of the new update, I haven't had the weird dead spots on the screen that don't respond to touch! I'll try changing my advanced settings that I used to slow down battery usage on the previous update.
    02-12-2015 02:03 AM
    I had this but a clean reinstall fixed the problem just back everything up first.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2015 08:58 AM
    100% when I went to sleep and 9.5 hours later at 98%. Lollipop is working well for me after a sluggish start.

one thing to look for... apps sucking your battery...

before the update, I uninstalled snapchat... with snapchat logged off and I haven't had a chat in over a month, I found out it was downloading background data and used 6GB!! of my data usage in 9 days. App not even opened and signed out and it still kept using my data and 6GB it has to be using battery. Snapchat acknowledged "some people" experiencing this reported on another site and will have an update soon. me, I'm done with those clowns but it shows you could programs that are using data and battery in the background.

Is anyone else seeing a massive battery drain after updating to lollipop? I just updated this afternoon. By this evening i would normally have around 60% battery life left but I'm down to 30% and dropping fast. I admit it's been close to a month since i've performed a healthy charge, but this drain is excessive. Its telling me my screen accounts for 49% of usage for today, but i haven't changed anything and made sure all settings were identical prior to the update.
    02-12-2015 09:13 AM
    My brother in law had no probs on kit Kat. Downloaded lollipop. His battery maxed out at 4 hours. He charges 3-4 times a day.

02-12-2015 09:55 AM
    My brother in law had no probs on kit Kat. Downloaded lollipop. His battery maxed out at 4 hours. He charges 3-4 times a day.

Sounds like an issue with a rogue app. My 5.0.1 is fine with battery.
    02-12-2015 11:58 AM
    At 80%... 15 hours and 15 minutes since unplugging... 9 was overnight during sleep and rest at work very light duty today.

check my emails, texts, downloaded updated like nokia here, have 11 apps in the background from facebook, twitter, whatsapp, messenger, yahoo finance, textra, falcon pro, instagram.

I'm pretty happy with battery life so far. doesn't seem any worse than before the update. we'll see on harder days.
    02-12-2015 12:33 PM
    It took me 14 hours to charge 25% to 100%

And my messaging apps load really slow....Any fixes?
    02-12-2015 12:49 PM
    Mine has actually been marginally better since the update.
    02-12-2015 12:51 PM
    What carrier /country? What version of the G3? Settings->About Phone->Hardware Information - the top line "Model number"

Did you do a factory reset?
    02-12-2015 12:52 PM
    I did a factory reset after the update. d850

And it took 14 hours to charge 75% and messaging loads really slow. Not to mention two hours to kill it that far.
    02-12-2015 12:56 PM
    What carrier /country? What version of the G3? Settings->About Phone->Hardware Information - the top line "Model number"

Did you do a factory reset?
    I have an AT&T D850 US model running 5.0.1 lollipop. I didn't do a factory reset but I did run it down to 6% last night, did a restart and it's behaving normally again. So far I like how much smoother lollipop seems to be and I still haven't experienced dead spots on the screen. I took it off the charger at 7:30 this morning and I'm still at 96% which it's pretty average. So far so good. I'll update if anything changes
    02-12-2015 01:22 PM
    Well, in my case I'm most decidedly happy with battery life since the update. I unplugged around 7:30 this morning and it's about 4:30 in the afternoon now. I've been running around all over town doing my normal usage answering a few Facebook posts, SMS, a couple of Google searches, etc. and my battery still shows 88% with 24 hours and 26 minutes estimated time remaining. I definitely could not have gotten the same performance prior to the Lollipop update.
    tardus and moodylane like this.
    02-14-2015 05:36 PM
    how to clean reinstall?
    Do you mean factory reset after upgrade?
    03-02-2015 05:13 AM
    Well, in my case I'm most decidedly happy with battery life since the update. I unplugged around 7:30 this morning and it's about 4:30 in the afternoon now. I've been running around all over town doing my normal usage answering a few Facebook posts, SMS, a couple of Google searches, etc. and my battery still shows 88% with 24 hours and 26 minutes estimated time remaining. I definitely could not have gotten the same performance prior to the Lollipop update.
    Did you do factory reset before upgrading to Lollipop?
    03-25-2015 05:00 PM