T-Mobile USA - Lolipop and VoLTE?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Any new information on when the update will arrive?

Also I need VoLTE. It *may* help me out in a particular area where coverage isn't so good. Amazing that other LG phones have VoLTE on TMO and we're not included.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Any new information on when the update will arrive?

Also I need VoLTE. It *may* help me out in a particular area where coverage isn't so good. Amazing that other LG phones have VoLTE on TMO and we're not included.
I'm not sure if there's been an exact date for the rollout. However, I would suggest keeping an eye on the AC homepage as this information usually gets posted there, or check in with T-Mobile's website and check the coverage map.

Hopefully it fixes your coverage problem.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if there's been an exact date for the rollout. However, I would suggest keeping an eye on the AC homepage as this information usually gets posted there, or check in with T-Mobile's website and check the coverage map.

Hopefully it fixes your coverage problem.

Yup I check out the front AC page every day! My T-Mobile coverage overall is excellent, but just one location that should have 5 bars according to the coverage map (and a bunch of TMO techs) has dropout issues for voice calls. It happened with my last phone also (Samsung S3) so not the handset, and to other T-Mobile users nearby have the problem.

That's why I'm hoping VoLTE will help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad. Hopefully it is released sooner than what the page above says and your issues are resolved. Keep us posted.

I'll check out the TMO software update page once a day and report any changes. They might just be behind in updating the page but this is less likely.

Thanks. I really don't have an issue - just one location due to a tower being blocked. Overall my coverage is excellent.

Update 2/27/2015: Good news ...the G3 listed in the first stage "Manufacturer Development" - the bad news - not at second stage - "T-Mobile Testing" - so we are a ways off.

Last edited:

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if you understand what VoLTE is. It is not a way to improve your coverage, it allows your LTE data to remain at LTE speeds when you are on a phone call if I'm not mistaken. Currently those who don't have VoLTE drop from LTE to 4G while on a call. I'm waiting for both VoLTE and Wideband LTE to come to my area

Sent from my LG G3 on T-Mobile

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if you understand what VoLTE is. It is not a way to improve your coverage, it allows your LTE data to remain at LTE speeds when you are on a phone call if I'm not mistaken. Currently those who don't have VoLTE drop from LTE to 4G while on a call. I'm waiting for both VoLTE and Wideband LTE to come to my area

Sent from my LG G3 on T-Mobile

You are mistaken. LTE is Voice Over LTE. Instead of the voice cellular network, with VoLTE, LTE is used for voice calls.

In the one location with my odd problem - good signal but voice calls drip, VoLTE might help. But T-Mobile should have offered a VoVLTE update months ago.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll check out the TMO software update page once a day and report any changes. They might just be behind in updating the page but this is less likely.

Thanks. I really don't have an issue - just one location due to a tower being blocked. Overall my coverage is excellent.

Update 2/27/2015: Good news ...the G3 listed in the first stage "Manufacturer Development" - the bad news - not at second stage - "T-Mobile Testing" - so we are a ways off.

Just checked it's now on stage 2.

Posted via the Android Central App

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
hey tardus are u a fan of dr who? by chance do u have any phone cases that look like the tardis ?

I found 1 on amazon but it had some bad reviews so I didn't get it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08