Best launchers/home screen customization apps?

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So I'm using the Google bow launcher since its the default launcher for the ROM I'm running, and I'm not too fond of the Google now launcher. Any suggestions on others i should try? Really wanting to organize things and make it look more neat and what not

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Resurrection Remix ROM

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The most 'famous' ones are Nova (by far the most popular), GoLauncher and the Google Launcher. Personally, I prefer Themer, since it makes your phone really feel different every time, but it's not feature-packed as the others when it comes to customization of your drawer, lists, animations, folders, etc.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The most 'famous' ones are Nova (by far the most popular), GoLauncher and the Google Launcher. Personally, I prefer Themer, since it makes your phone really feel different every time, but it's not feature-packed as the others when it comes to customization of your drawer, lists, animations, folders, etc.

I'm not looking for much feature rich apps, since the ROM I'm using pretty much gives me everything i want, i just need something to organize everything and look very neat/somewhat professional. Would themer do the job?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I personally think the best is stock launcher plus G3TweaksBox. This gives you the most power over a launcher. You could add Nova into this mix to make it even more crazy. Since you're rooted, you should be fine.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not looking for much feature rich apps, since the ROM I'm using pretty much gives me everything i want, i just need something to organize everything and look very neat/somewhat professional. Would themer do the job?

Themer doesn't exactly make it look organized but it does give it a WHOLE new, professional, sci-fi look, depending on the theme you choose. It can be a neaty, tidy one or a sloppy, stylized one (there's one with hand-drawn elements that looks like a teenager's sketchbook).

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Themer doesn't exactly make it look organized but it does give it a WHOLE new, professional, sci-fi look, depending on the theme you choose. It can be a neaty, tidy one or a sloppy, stylized one (there's one with hand-drawn elements that looks like a teenager's sketchbook).

Alright cool. Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll try some of these out!

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm using Nova with a custom cm theme.
da9d090f25ba3b479b4b317a59561b94.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
What do you want from a launcher? If you want some glitzy features and animations then Nova is probably a good one to look at. I however was looking less at functionality and more at customization of my home screen. I've been using Themer because of this. I've created my own custom look and have all the necessary functionality I need all packaged nicely together, at least how I want it to work....
7ea88bbb79371f0106cd02e815f0c449.jpg

e39f1467149e0169f525b57dcc8d0340.jpg

Hot spots in the screen to quickly access the applications I want use, two screens for either music or weather views. A bit of a learning curve but really pretty simple to create my own look, or hundreds of other themes available to choose from.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Slightly different now.

Liquid Smooth ROM (CM12 / 5.0.2) with pie controls running Action Launcher + basic self made Zooper clock and date Widget + Depth Beam Live Wallpaper + Pocket Casts + Spotify + Tunein Radio + Android Central (widgets) + iFont (search for Exo)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8343.jpg
    8343.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 8339.jpg
    8339.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 8341.jpg
    8341.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 39