I don't even know how to explain what is happening. Nothing has changed at all on my phone! It's suddenly gone from a very healthy 15+ hour of idle/screen time every day into this 5 hour crapfest where I'm left at 3% battery by 1 PM, when it was FULLY CHARGED at 6:30 AM!

I can see here that the Android OS is taking up most of the memory, but I don't know what to do about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Why has my battery life gone from 15+ hours to 5 in one day?-screenshot_2015-02-13-14-46-52-1-.jpg   Why has my battery life gone from 15+ hours to 5 in one day?-screenshot_2015-02-13-14-46-57-1-.jpg  
    02-13-2015 04:53 PM
    Check out my thread just above yours, "I think I fixed my battery drain".

Make sure your contact list is backed up. Go ino Settings/Apps/All. Find your Contacts app (and if you want to be thorough, any of the other apps with contacts in the title. Delete cache, information, etc from those apps.

Reboot phone. ReSync Contact list.

See if that helps.

I suspect that there also might be a problem with the recent Google Search update. Did you update it or use google search/OK Google recently?
    02-13-2015 05:11 PM
    Allowing the battery to drop to 3% charge has something to do with it also. Lithium batteries don't last long if you do that. Charge at between 40% and 50% for longest life.
    02-14-2015 07:26 PM
    Allowing the battery to drop to 3% charge has something to do with it also. Lithium batteries don't last long if you do that. Charge at between 40% and 50% for longest life.
    No, there are serious software issues with this phone. The OS is draining way too much battery. Probably needs a factory reset.
    xamadeix likes this.
    02-14-2015 08:48 PM
    A lot of things are categorized as OS and they are running in the background.
    Try freezing things you don't need and test it out.
    I haven't debloated my phone since I got it replaced but I get awesome battery life even so.
    If you don't reboot after a while anything you do will increase the OS and android system usage stats.
    However if you manage your phone right it should stay well below 10%
    02-15-2015 12:01 AM
    I was still getting battery drain after my attempt of resetting Contacts. It seemed better at first, but Android Core would stil start to suck juice. Stopping Acore process would temporarily help, but not enough.

I just updated to TWRP 2.8.5 today via TWRP Manager. For the first time in,well, awhile, Android Core has dropped to under 20% and is still falling. Phone Idle (which before was non-existent as a battery drain) has now surpassed it and is still rising.

I suspect that there was a bug in TWRP 2.8.4 or perhaps I had a bad flash of it.

I'll continue to monitor.
    02-16-2015 03:31 PM
    Agreed with this. Charging at 40/50%? So we only use half of our battery? Seems unrealistic. Truth is, You shouldn't ever let your battery fully discharge, that could however cause problems, but not a software one. 57% usage in 3 hours is the problem.

Not sure if you are rooted or not, But if you are.. you may want to check out Wakelock Detector to see what that imposing app is.. or If you are not you may be able to get a better idea with GSAM Battery monitor, generally that app will give you a little more information.
    02-16-2015 04:33 PM
    I was still getting battery drain after my attempt of resetting Contacts. It seemed better at first, but Android Core would stil start to suck juice. Stopping Acore process would temporarily help, but not enough.

I just updated to TWRP 2.8.5 today via TWRP Manager. For the first time in,well, awhile, Android Core has dropped to under 20% and is still falling. Phone Idle (which before was non-existent as a battery drain) has now surpassed it and is still rising.

I suspect that there was a bug in TWRP 2.8.4 or perhaps I had a bad flash of it.

I'll continue to monitor.
    You want phone Idle to be closest to the top.
    02-16-2015 10:13 PM
    I was having the same problem. I read that factory resetting the phone will help. So I did and it did help.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    02-17-2015 08:01 AM