Hello all, I previously switched from the wonderful Nexus 5 to the LG G3 on ATT. I was excited about the 5.01 update and with the Google now launcher I have my new phone running just how I want....... Except for the lock screen.

I think that the best part of Lollipop was the way it handled notifications, especially the lock screen notifications. Slide to expand and double tap to open the specific app is so natural to use. LG only allows us to see 2 notifications at a time, and you can have zero interaction with that notification unless you swipe to unlock first which kills the entire flow of things.

I was hoping to find a way to disable the LG stock lock screen but eve with all of the options there seems to be no good way to do so. I also have been looking into something like HOLO Locker which replaces your OEM lock screen with (in its current state) the Kit Kat lock screen. Unfortunately nothing for the 5.xx variant.

I was wondering if anyone has found any way to work around this allowing the wonderful Lollipop notifications to work properly for the G3?
    02-15-2015 08:05 AM
    Haha...I made the same jump myself...n5 to G3...and same launcher...haven't found any workarounds myself...still loving the G3 tho...I have to say I don't mind the lg skin
    02-15-2015 08:18 AM
    Yep. I'm a little down on the lock screen also.. I also hate the fact that there's no user icon for switching to guest mode.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-15-2015 07:51 PM
    Hi, I assume no one found a resolution to this one? Did the same switch as mentioned above and got my G3 yesterday and this is really annoying for me.
    03-10-2015 02:33 AM
    That's crazy they only allow two notifications at once. What's the point of a large phablet if you can only get two small notifications on the screen? Luckily, this does not affect Lollipop ROMs.
    Attached Thumbnails I'm loving Lollipop, but LG killed the Lock Screen Notifications-lock1.jpg   I'm loving Lollipop, but LG killed the Lock Screen Notifications-lock2.jpg  
    03-10-2015 10:46 AM