Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok... maybe I never noticed before but when HDR is ON, flash is disabled, when hdr is off or set to auto, the flash button becomes active

Is this how it always was and I just didn't notice?

Ha, I just got on here to see if anyone else had this problem. I don't think it was like that before unless I just didn't notice. I had HDR set to auto before the update and just noticed it was set to On now. Not sure if I did it or the update did it but, at least I now know why my flash icon wasn't lit up anymore. Thanks!

Jaded One

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I got the OTA update for Lollipop. I've had no issues. The battery seems to be pretty close to what it was before. I do think the OS is slightly more snappy to my input then before. I've seen some say they do a factory reset after the OTA. Is there any benefit to that if there are no issues? But my father has the same model and his is saying there isn't enough memory to install update. He's not into his memory as much as I am on mine. I'm at about %50, he's at %18. I tried clearing the cache in the memory tool. Still nothing. Any tips?

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Chrome cast actually works much better now for me. Battery is all right now that I've uninstalled Facebook app, I use Chrome for it and other than not getting notifications, it's perfect. I'm using the stock browser for anything else though, as I don't like how they took away tabbed browsing in Chrome. It's just little things like that for me, and my notifications seem quieter, even turned up all the way. Other than those things, I'm really loving how fast and smooth it is.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So I got the OTA update for Lollipop. I've had no issues. The battery seems to be pretty close to what it was before. I do think the OS is slightly more snappy to my input then before. I've seen some say they do a factory reset after the OTA. Is there any benefit to that if there are no issues? But my father has the same model and his is saying there isn't enough memory to install update. He's not into his memory as much as I am on mine. I'm at about %50, he's at %18. I tried clearing the cache in the memory tool. Still nothing. Any tips?
Had a member earlier in this thread make the same claim about his wife's G3. I recommended he pull his battery cover and check and make sure his SIM card was properly seated. I know SIM has nothing to do with memory but it does have to do with carrier verification so that could affect the OTA. He did and after a reboot it downloaded fine.

Coincidence? Not sure.. But worth a try...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ssion-bugs-tips-complaints-6.html#post4249990

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ssion-bugs-tips-complaints-6.html#post4250878

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
So phone is worse than before the factory reset, I keep getting "network error. check your network connections and try again" when I try to make calls and text using google now and also get "Sorry, the action you tried to perform requires Device State and Content, which is not available on this device." but I still have wifi and data

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So phone is worse than before the factory reset, I keep getting "network error. check your network connections and try again" when I try to make calls and text using google now and also get "Sorry, the action you tried to perform requires Device State and Content, which is not available on this device." but I still have wifi and data

Turn your data connection off and then back on...

Posted via Android Central App

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Turn your data connection off and then back on...

Posted via Android Central App
Ok, think it fixed the data error message but still getting "Sorry, the action you tried to perform requires Device State and Content, which is not available on this device." and still not making calls

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried reseating your SIM card? Just give it a little push to make sure its firmly in place.

Just pulling ideas off the top of my head here...

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, think it fixed the data error message but still getting "Sorry, the action you tried to perform requires Device State and Content, which is not available on this device." and still not making calls

Have you tried reseating your SIM card? Just give it a little push to make sure its firmly in place.

Just pulling ideas off the top of my head here...
Ok, I tried that, nah, but check this out. I uninstalled google apps updates, cleared the cache, removed my gmail/google account to include synced contacts, everything. Re-signed in to my google account and everything worked fine. But there's no google now (did I miss a thread/post about this?) so I updated my google apps and started getting the problems again (data error, Device state and Content). So I downloaded the google launcher and again it's working but with the same data error message. I don't like google launcher so I'm gonna start over and try it again without updating google.

EDIT: I only uninstalled the launcher (left the updates) and it's still working. This has been a pain in the ****.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
One more odd thing I noticed: when I plug my phone in to charge, it no longer gives me the audible tone (two beeps)...it just vibrates to indicate it is charging.

Some things I can't tell if it was set up that way or a "bug".

Posted via the Android Central App

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

One more odd thing I noticed: when I plug my phone in to charge, it no longer gives me the audible tone (two beeps)...it just vibrates to indicate it is charging.

Some things I can't tell if it was set up that way or a "bug".

This bothers me too and I've wondered the same thing...

Also, notifications vibrate even though at night my husband and I both set our g3's to silent, except for our ring tones are set very low (we don't have a land line, so this is for safety's sake). So all night we're getting very low vibrations every time an email, text, hangout, etc comes through. I'm guessing it's a bug, but I'm open to ideas to work around it. We've exhausted our own ideas...

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I seem to have lost lock screen controls for apps like Spotify. Used to be able to skip or pause from there, no longer. Wonder if its the app or the update.....

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this also when using spotify! Loved the lock screen controls before instead the small icon in front of album art

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

This bothers me too and I've wondered the same thing...

Also, notifications vibrate even though at night my husband and I both set our g3's to silent, except for our ring tones are set very low (we don't have a land line, so this is for safety's sake). So all night we're getting very low vibrations every time an email, text, hangout, etc comes through. I'm guessing it's a bug, but I'm open to ideas to work around it. We've exhausted our own ideas...
The notifications have been a real pain in the rear with Lollipop. I have over heard little rumors of maybe some change in future updates. I haven't heard from any real solid sources on this but I know its been a huge pain to many figuring out the notifications. Then pair it up with a smartwatch and things get even more interesting :p

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
@Paul627g thanks... Do you think a factory reset helps? We wiped the cache partition and ate pretty happy with how it worked out. My only issues are this damn vibrating and the fact that the Facebook app eats my battery. I can deal with the Facebook thing though if I can't fix the notifications with a reset. (I hate factory resets 😯)
Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@Paul627g thanks... Do you think a factory reset helps? We wiped the cache partition and ate pretty happy with how it worked out. My only issues are this damn vibrating and the fact that the Facebook app eats my battery. I can deal with the Facebook thing though if I can't fix the notifications with a reset. (I hate factory resets ������)
Thanks!
Normally I'm an advocate for a factory reset after a major OS update like we just received. However I took the gamble and went with just a cache wipe and a few reboots afterwards and its been near perfect. This is a first for me in my 4+ years on Android, usually something goes bonkers that requires an immediate factory reset to resolve. Kudos to LG & Sprint for the work they did.

Facebook, that maybe addressed in a future update by FB themselves.

Today has been a better day to include battery life.
I think you will find battery life isn't all much different from KitKat. If anything it maybe better for some folks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary