Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Can confirm this method below works... Found it on the following link in the comments.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/comments/2wbswp/sprint_lollipop_rollout_schedule/

I'm from Chicago and wasn't part of the 10% that received the update. I forced the update to my phone by repeating this process:
1) Shutting off data, wi-fi and location.
2) Clearing data for Google Services Frameworks under ALL apps in settings.
3) Went into settings and under Wireless Networks I clicked More...>Mobile Networks>Network Mode> cdma
4) Enabled data again
5) Checked for LG software updates under system updates and found it.

Just be patient when you see the update screen. Took about 10 mins for it to initiate the download. Then once you reboot its about a good 10-15 mins (depending on amount of apps you have installed to optimize).

Update:
After everything booted up things were a bit sluggish for the first hour. I did a couple reboots to help cycle the system. Battery calibration was off initially on time left to charge but eventually the system settled in and recalibrated to an accurate reading when compared to GSam Battery Meter. Apps were a little slow on updating but eventually returned to normal. Overall things seem to be running smooth now a few hours later. I hope this is a good sign going forward that LG did it right :)

2de63852d2fc31aeee8cbe81e36a3007.jpg

7f81a8ba7e9b86c471ac8dcc2d836714.jpg

bdeb251cd52e9b333dc986eb5af1c6dd.jpg

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

cl0ckw0rk81

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me as well! Took a few tries but finally got the notification for the update! Good trick! Now just gonna play the waiting game

Posted via the Android Central App

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a question is your phone rooted because with the update ota the buttons were not supposed to change that is the button layout on the nexus phone

Posted via Android Central App

cl0ckw0rk81

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a different version than the one the pushed out originally. I also noticed in European version, it no longer displays the am/pm on the right corner and kept the traditional back arrow, home and recent apps look. Where as sprint decided to go with the look and also kept the am/pm indicator.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a question is your phone rooted because with the update ota the buttons were not supposed to change that is the button layout on the nexus phone

Posted via Android Central App

Phone is not rooted. Complete stock, just did the Google framework trick as I decribed earlier in this thread to get the official OTA.

By the way, my phone is running awesome now 24 hours later.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Phone is not rooted. Complete stock, just did the Google framework trick as I decribed earlier in this thread to get the official OTA.

By the way, my phone is running awesome now 24 hours later.

Good to hear Paul! Can't wait to update my device now! :D

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Got the update last night! Im liking it so far.. Time will tell with the battery though! One thing I'm trying to figure out is if you can change the recent app list like before..

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I might be missing something, but it looks like the ability to change the clock or add widgets to the stock lockscreen is gone. Any help with this would be appreciated.

wpmetts

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge this morning and accepted the update....Factory data reset and reloaded all my apps....all that said zapped about 40%-50% of my battery..other than that so far so good...

UPDATE.
Only issue I have noticed is the Google Messenger app won't send a picture message but Hangouts will...??

Last edited:

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Got the update last night. Downloaded fine and completed a factory reset. Most of my apps re-installed, however I'm missing a few. Went into playstore to manually install them again and its telling me they're already on my phone. ????? I re-booted a few times and updated prl still no apps. Any ideas anyone??

Upon closer look into my apps on the playstore all the apps are in this continuous downloading mode

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-21-12-47-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-21-12-47-52.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
So in addition to the Android update the phone also gets a new LG software version LS990ZV6 to LS990ZV8? And a new baseband (radio) version? All in one sigle update?