Factory Reset after Lollipop

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
So I'm hearing a factory reset is a must after lollipop. Won't that wipe everything off my phone like my music, pictures, etc?

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
yup, put everything on your sd card or a coulple other ways to back your suff up. google play should back up your apps then reload them after you log back into your google acct

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So I'm hearing a factory reset is a must after lollipop.
Its not a must but many do end up doing a factory reset after a major OS update like this moving from KitKat to Lollipop. Small incremental updates like 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.4.4 aren't as picky and rarely seem to require a factory reset since its merely pieces of code changed.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I always perform a FDR after a major update. This would be a major update, that is, if we ever get it on VZW. However, my phone is working perfectly and I doubt I'll update yet, if it does get pushed out to VZW customers.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Think of it this way. You should always be ready to do the equivalent of factor reset - as in losing all of your data do to phone dying, being stolen, lost, etc. Luckily Google does most of the work for you as long as contacts, calendar, etc is stored to the cloud.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you don't do a factory reset? My phone is slower than before the update.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yup. That's one of the things that will happen. You could also experience weirdness. IE: Bluetooth won't connect to a certain device. WiFi won't connect to a certain hotspot. Display will flicker. Freezing, hanging, general overall laggyness. In short, anything weird that occurs after an update will usually be fixed with a FDR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech