shuts down abruptly.

Bilal9209

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Every 4-5 days my g3 shuts down for no apparent reason even though there's ample charge. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have a case on it, it could be that you are just accidentally pressing the power button in your pocket.
Unless its doing it right in front of you, then it could be overheating.

JeneJene

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Multiple days in a row, my LG G3 Vigor will random and frequently (sometimes 10+ times in 1 day) shut down and restart. It has done this in the middle of phone calls, surfing the net, while it's charging, or while it's just simply sitting next to me not being used! DRIVES ME NUTS!!! Then sometimes it doesn't happen at all for what seems like a week or 2! It's never hot when it happens and I rarely have multiple apps running at the same time. Any ideas?

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine shuts down in front of my eyes. Today was about 4* celcius and it restarted twice. One Day IT completely shut down and need a battery pull this time on room temperature . sry for my bad english!!

Posted from LG G3

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You might think you don't have a lot of apps running but in fact there are a lot of things running in the background.
I don't know the specs on the Vigor but I know this can happen even on the G3 with 3gb ram.
Seems to be that the OS gets overwhelmed and reboots to correct the problem.
Having to remove the battery should not happen all the time and you should give it time to reboot itself.
If it doesn't happen after 5 minutes just hold the power button down for a little bit and it will turn on.
If it freezes at all and will not respond, DO NOT take the battery out, just hold the power button until it reboots.
If the problem persists, I would advise you to send it in for a replacement.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Why not taking the battery out ?

Posted from LG G3

Taking the battery out while it is frozen can cause a system error.
If the phone shutdown and hasn't turned back on just give it a minute and wait.
Otherwise just hold down the power button for a bit and it will turn back on.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Can u send me a message, to me only, i want to send u a private message but tapatalk is erroring...

Send from my G3 using tapatalk

Bilal9209

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
It just shuts down every 4-5 days. And needs to be connected to a charger to get back up and and running. Battery charge doesn't drop at all, just wakes up to where i left it. Its like giving it a jump start. Battery pull doesnt solve it And no, there are not multiple apps running in the bg and no heating issues..
What could be the issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy