Android Runtime (ART)

Mark Lyall1

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I found a way to enable the (ART) on my G3..
I simply reflashed my stock rom 4.4.2 and then after my main setup was done I went to developer options and selected the (ART) instead of the Dalvik.
My phone restarted once then twice and on the srcond boot it said android upgrading 190 apps.. After boot completed went to developer and confirmed that I am now running (ART). Phone works faster and even my battery on a single charge lasts way longer and apps and system function properly with no issues..
Seems there were so many questions unanswered online as to why the (ART) didnt work on the G3 on 4.4.2 well I have found the fix for people who want to try or use the (ART).
Good luck!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it was available on 4.4.2 for me and I tried it out as soon as I found out. Funny thing, a lot of people had poor battery life and other annoying bugs but it's all anyone runs anymore. It's the sound of inevitably. NEO

Posted via Android Central App

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you update to Lollipop if you can, ART is by default there, and not the beta version of ART in KitKat.

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I think the experience definitely varies, likely based upon the apps that are installed. I tried enabling art on the 12B release and had to switch back in less than an hour due to app issues.

That said, I'm now on a custom lollipop ROM and having no issues.

Mark Lyall1

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I know how to flash custom roms and recoveries and all the things associated, but when I tried to flash a stock lollipop rom for the D855 model G3 and it will not take.. Because here in Canada we are using the D852 and D852G models which from what I figure ia that Canada is the only country using this model as where I see is that most other countries are using the D855 models..
If anyone can point me towards a 5L stock rom that may work with my D852 feel free to message me.

Posted via LG G3 on Bell Canada