Dalvik on 5.x?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So I'm still waiting for the lollipop update in Canada. But I don't think I'll update until all the issues are sorted out. But I was wondering, is it still an option to switch back to Dalvik in lollipop and has anyone tried it to sort out the 5.x issues?

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
No once you update to lollipop the option to switch between dalvik and Art is no longer as lollipop uses Art as the default compiler

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
But if u still dont have lolipop then when u finally get it u will probably get a stable bug squashed build anyway

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Re-open thread....

I now wonder if, the same people who had issues on kitkat when they switched to ART are the same ones who are now having issues on lollipop, and if things went smooth on ART on kitkat, the lollipop update is working well for them?

Thinking of maybe trying ART now on kitkat since I can always go back, and see how my phone performs and if that would be any indication of what "camp" I would be in for the lollipop update. Either horrible battery drain and crashes etc., or work flawlessly with little to no change.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I was having issues on kitkat with Art but i later learned that if i let Art settle in on kitkat like give it a couple of reboots and give it maybe 20 mins then it ran sweet but since running lollipop it has seemed to polish things up. Im running lollipop version v20f atm and can honestly say its running super smooth so im hoping the new lollipop v20h runs even better but some user of another thread says its a solid update so for me lollipop has been a great user experience

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois