Love the G3 Android 5 update But Help Stop Stripes please

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I threw caution to the wind and took Sprint's Android Update since most of the problems I read about didn't seem too important to me except for overheating and battery life. Since I have had good luck with updates in the past, I did the update and it went very smoothly. Further, I think my G3 run smoother now. No overheating. If battery life is lower, it's barely detectible.
Sure, I'm having to adjust to a few minor changes, but I think everything clicks along nicely.
My only complain it the Stripes Voicemail I can't seem to turn off.
Anyone know how to keep that turkey from loading all the time?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the device, but if you go into Settings>apps and swipe over to all apps, then scroll down to Stripes and click on it. You should see a disable button. Can you click that button?

From an AOSP M8

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Disable is grayed out and can't be selected, even if you force stop the app. Looks like 3 apps working together. One is VoiceMate. Anyway, Sprint keeps reminding you that wondrous additional functionality is available for a small monthly fee.

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
By the way, I thought briefly I was getting streaming problems others got with the 5 upgrade. Instead, it was a rare shutdown of my cable internet at 3 am. Surprisingly when I switched off from wifi to try it with lte, Sprint was shutdown too. I have never before lost internet from cable and Sprint simultaneously. All was well, including streaming, after an hour or two.
Still think everything is running smoother with 5.01.