Lollipop update.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on Sprint. Just had the notification to install the lollipop update on my LG G3. I wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on it and how it was doing on your phone? If I should wait a while or just go ahead and update it. Thanks

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't like it, but that's just me (on my Nexus 5). The only thing I wanted to say is be prepared to do a factory reset after you install the ota to help your phone.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Im on Sprint with a G3 and i say go for it. I like the update. I did not do a reset. I did do several reboots, wiped the cache and a battery pull ~ things are settling in nicely. I really like the update so far.

Posted via Android Central App

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Jpd. I didn't wipe restarted a few times and battery pull. Everything is slowly working fine. I haven't had issues with battery life yet either but the test is tomorrow at work.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I wanted to say is be prepared to do a factory reset after you install the ota to help your phone.
This hasn't seemed necessary for this update so far. I'm 3 days in and running like a champ. Did a cache wipe and a few reboots on install to help things along.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on Sprint. Just had the notification to install the lollipop update on my LG G3. I wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on it and how it was doing on your phone? If I should wait a while or just go ahead and update it. Thanks

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
I think LG did a great job on this update. And give a nod to Sprint for obviously not making any major changes that altered what LG put together.

lasercomp

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in NYC and still haven't received the update notification. Is there a way to force it to come down? I'm on sprint. Thanks

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me... Got it from the Discussion on the about the Sprint Lollipop Update for the G3... afterwards I only rebooted a couple times and wiped the cache. I did not do a hard reset and my phone is running great. I'm loving things so far. It's been two days...

1) Shutting off data, wi-fi and location.
2) Clearing data for Google Services Frameworks under ALL apps in settings.
3) Went into settings and under Wireless Networks I clicked More...>Mobile Networks>Network Mode> cdma
4) Enabled data again
5) Checked for LG software updates under system updates and found it.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the update but haven't downloaded it yet. How do I do a factory reset and conversely how do I clear cache if I chose not to factory data reset?
Thanks!

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Boot up in system recovery mode by shutting phone off. Hold volume button down and then hold power button. It will bootup in recovery mode. Select clear cache. Then restart the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995