avast mobile security and Anti theft

Kadya

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
How can I remove Avast Mobile Security and Avast! anti Theft from my phone. I installed them and I have no pin for either one. It is blocking me from even getting to "settings" I have no pin #. No matter what directions I follow from Avast help it does not work. Phone is Lg G3.

nasoox

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
If you don't have access to settings panel, you'll need to do a root and force uninstallation.
if you want to avoide rooting your device you have to do a hard reset ! there is no solution to backup the pin code ??

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought. Have you checked in settings - security - device administrator. For some apps to be uninstalled you need first to uncheck them there. I don't know about Avast.

Kadya

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
That makes all the sense in the world. But I cannot get into settings because when I hit that it button it goes straight to the Avast Mobile Security screen that asks for the pin. Thanks for reply.

Any other ideas/

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That makes all the sense in the world. But I cannot get into settings because when I hit that it button it goes straight to the Avast Mobile Security screen that asks for the pin. Thanks for reply.

Any other ideas/

Oh I see! I thought you were talking about the Avast settings, not the Android ones. I imagine you have tried the default pin 0000. Whay about booting your phone in safe mode?

Not much help for rooting from me. :( Good luck. Report back if you manage to fix that problem.

Edit: Found this. Hope it helps.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120664.0

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke