Best Xposed modules?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
When WiFi is active, especially with a good signal, it doesn't use the LTE connection. The battery saved will be so marginal it's worth keeping data on because of the annoyance factor.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
When WiFi is active, especially with a good signal, it doesn't use the LTE connection. The battery saved will be so marginal it's worth keeping data on because of the annoyance factor.

Gotchya, well i just popped in my new battery so i'll let it charge overnight and see what type of results i get and come back here tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow it'll show what the cause of all this is).

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

He can't use LTE data if there is no signal and the phone will continue to look for a signal until it connects.
He is better off just using the school's wifi and having it in airplane mode until he can get a better signal.
Also its always better to use wifi over data because not everyone has unlimited data plans.
Wifi uses less power than the radio receiver also.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
He can't use LTE data if there is no signal and the phone will continue to look for a signal until it connects.
He is better off just using the school's wifi and having it in airplane mode until he can get a better signal.
Also its always better to use wifi over data because not everyone has unlimited data plans.
Wifi uses less power than the radio receiver also.

No, the phone uses the WiFi connection when it is active and connected to a network and not the data connection. Airplane mode will not save your phone from searching for signal because it's simply not using it. You might be thinking of the other way around, where if you have WiFi on but not connectable networks. WiFi will search for connections while the phone uses the LTE for data. This drains battery power.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not necessarily the fact of getting no LTE signal though, i get no signal whatever in school, as in i cant even send a text out or make a phone call. That's the reason i use airplane and wifi.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not necessarily the fact of getting no LTE signal though, i get no signal whatever in school, as in i cant even send a text out or make a phone call. That's the reason i use airplane and wifi.

All I am saying is that Airplane mode isn't saving you any battery power if you are indeed using WiFi the whole time.

Major de-reail, sorry, but I still don't know what is draining your battery so much.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
All I am saying is that Airplane mode isn't saving you any battery power if you are indeed using WiFi the whole time.

Major de-reail, sorry, but I still don't know what is draining your battery so much.

I gotchya, i was just confused sorry about that. I posted an updated screenshot of what's goin on so far. 54% as of now with 1h 9m SOT. I'd there something causing the kernel to use so much battery? I have no idea what's going on.

Attachments

• 16933.jpg
    16933.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 45

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
And these if this helps any.

Attachments

• 16934.jpg
    16934.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 16935.jpg
    16935.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 43

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
And these if this helps any.

Seems like a lot of wakelocks for Android System. This might be part of the problem. I need to wait for my phone to get more data as I just topped off charging it 2 hours ago. However, in those 2 hours, I only have two wakelocks for a total of 0.0 seconds. You have a ton for only 3h 51 minutes.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No, the phone uses the WiFi connection when it is active and connected to a network and not the data connection. Airplane mode will not save your phone from searching for signal because it's simply not using it. You might be thinking of the other way around, where if you have WiFi on but not connectable networks. WiFi will search for connections while the phone uses the LTE for data. This drains battery power.

No, when your phone has no bars as in no signal, then phone is constantly looking for a new tower.
Airplane mode turns that off so the phone doesn't keep looking for a new tower, saving battery.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Some updated pictures right before I'm about to plug in to charge. 25% and 1h 52 minutes SOT.

Attachments

• 16937.jpg
    16937.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 16938.jpg
    16938.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 40

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Some updated pictures right before I'm about to plug in to charge. 25% and 1h 52 minutes SOT.

Here is a shot of my Android System with 5h 38m used. Notice how my wakelocks are WAY less than yours? I think you phone is being bombarded with requests so often that it's draining all the power. Not too sure how you will handle this problem.

Screenshot_2015-02-27-16-48-15.png

No, when your phone has no bars as in no signal, then phone is constantly looking for a new tower.
Airplane mode turns that off so the phone doesn't keep looking for a new tower, saving battery.

I understand that, but not when WiFi is actively being used, as it is for Jake_15.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Here is a shot of my Android System with 5h 38m used. Notice how my wakelocks are WAY less than yours? I think you phone is being bombarded with requests so often that it's draining all the power. Not too sure how you will handle this problem.

View attachment 165165

I understand that, but not when WiFi is actively being used, as it is for Jake_15.

Could i use the Amplify app to freeze the wakelocks or whatever? Or is it not really possible to fix?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Could i use the Amplify app to freeze the wakelocks or whatever? Or is it not really possible to fix?

Yes, you can experiment with Amplify. Be aware that you might get some instability and it's best to make a backup in TWRP beforehand. Good luck!

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 165165

Yes even when wifi is being used...
WIFI and the carriers reception are different
So if wifi is used and he has no signal the carrier keeps looking for a better signal to lock on, unless airplane mode is activated.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can experiment with Amplify. Be aware that you might get some instability and it's best to make a backup in TWRP beforehand. Good luck!

I know your probably tired of me asking so many questions (I'm really sorry, and i greatly appreciate your help), but i just wanted tu ask for one more thing. I posted screenshots of all my wakelocks from an app called Wakelock Detector,but i have no idea what to do now. Amplify isn't working because it says my Xposed framework isn't working, even after i reboot a thousand times, and i just want to find a solution to this problem. So if you could guide me in some direction based on these screenshots, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much again for taking time to help!

Attachments

• 17542.jpg
    17542.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 17543.jpg
    17543.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 17544.jpg
    17544.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 35

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes even when wifi is being used...
WIFI and the carriers reception are different
So if wifi is used and he has no signal the carrier keeps looking for a better signal to lock on, unless airplane mode is activated.
Well, my Android phones do not do what you're describing. So perhaps it's your specific carrier's firmware?
I know your probably tired of me asking so many questions (I'm really sorry, and i greatly appreciate your help), but i just wanted tu ask for one more thing. I posted screenshots of all my wakelocks from an app called Wakelock Detector,but i have no idea what to do now. Amplify isn't working because it says my Xposed framework isn't working, even after i reboot a thousand times, and i just want to find a solution to this problem. So if you could guide me in some direction based on these screenshots, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much again for taking time to help!

Jake, I am happy to help you with your wake lock problem. However, Amplify is the only application I know of that will block these. There might be others but I have not researched enough.

Is Xposed activated on your phone? Is the Amplify module activated within Xposed as well? I know there are issues with some modules under 5.0 based ROMs.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Android phones do not do what you're describing. So perhaps it's your specific carrier's firmware?

Jake, I am happy to help you with your wake lock problem. However, Amplify is the only application I know of that will block these. There might be others but I have not researched enough.

Is Xposed activated on your phone? Is the Amplify module activated within Xposed as well? I know there are issues with some modules under 5.0 based ROMs.

This is the message i get every time. I was told that you have to reboot within the Xposed installer for it to work. Well, even when i do that, none of the modules i have work and it still gives me that message in red, and im not sure why. Am i able to re flash the same exact Xposed framework file without having to wipe and without it potentially harming my device?

Attachments

• 17560.jpg
    17560.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 17561.jpg
    17561.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 34

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This is the message i get every time. I was told that you have to reboot within the Xposed installer for it to work. Well, even when i do that, none of the modules i have work and it still gives me that message in red, and im not sure why. Am i able to re flash the same exact Xposed framework file without having to wipe and without it potentially harming my device?

Until you get xposed activated you can use greenify to control those apps in question.
After you install greenify go to wakelock detector and select the apps at the top since they are the ones with the most wakelocks, then click on them and wakelock detector will have a button to greenify them through the app.

Greenify will not block the wakelocks but it will kill the apps when not being used.

Figure out how to install xposed manually.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Did you follow the install instructions here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811