recommendation for email app

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I really do not like the email app that came with the LG G3, plus every time I check my gmail it creates a bunch of weird folders.
I have three types of accounts I need to use it with: POP3, IMAP and GMAIL.

Can anyone recommend a good email app? One that has filters would be a bonus, but ease of use and feature rich is important
Thanks

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Also not a fan of the stock email app. I use the Gmail app for all of my email accounts. If you don't like the priority folders etc, you can always change that in the settings.
But if that's not to your liking, then i would check out K-9 email.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The one I've been using lately is myMail. I love gmail, but hate the "conversation" view and the way it forces you to use it - no way to turn off. And in the conversation view, the top listing is my Sent reply. I don't want to see Sent items in my Inbox, just my received items. Annoys the heck out of me, so if anyone can tell me how to fix that, let me know.

In the meantime, I'm really loving myMail. Handles all email types and I really like the interface. Check it out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.my.mail&hl=en&token=Hh2ntLAC

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest trying the Outlook app as it's quite nice for IMAP (and by all accounts GMAIL as well). I would try the standard GMAIL app as beagle82 suggested since it does handle IMAP and I think POP3, but I can't confirm that.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
For personal I have been using Google Inbox and after about 3 months of use it is growing on me now.

It doesn't have enough professional features for business though so I've been using Mailbox by Dropbox for the gmail accounts I use for business.

It is awesome. It helps me stay organized. With one swipe I can put an email into a list or snooze it for tomorrow. Helps keep the inbox uncluttered.

Posted via the Android Central App

flyingblackbeard

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried Aquamail and K9, but settled on Blue Mail, which has just switched its name to Type. I like the customization, the unified inbox, and the look and feel of it.

Posted via the Android Central App

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been having anoying issues with Bluemail which their support can not solve. Plus why would they call an email app type?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Aqua Mail looks good. I am going to check it out
It is very good. Be aware that a lot of the little swipe tricks, menus for the multitude of options, etc will take a while to find and get used to. Hints: For account options, long-press on the account title bar. Swipe left/right on a message in the list is configurable in pretty cool ways. And much, much more. Anyway, once you've figured it out it's worth the time spent. Make use of the built-in Help. It's actually really helpful.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Does AquaMail have filters? Occasionally I get emails that are not important and I would like to move them to a "check later" kind of folder. That way it won't clutter my inbox

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
AquaMail does not have filtering. But it doesn't matter to me. I do filtering at the server, which sorts email into folders which then sync to AquaMail. To me this is a much better method than filtering on the phone locally because mail is filtered on all our devices and computers instead of only on the phone. Works great on our Gmail accounts and a business account hosted by GoDaddy.

Also, by setting up the filters at the server, you only have to do it once. And you only have to setup AquaMail once. You can save the setup for backup or quick configuration of a new device or multiple devices.

Of course you can manually move email to a 'Check later' folder, such as email that lands in the Inbox because you haven't yet specified a filter for it.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

rantain

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've tried several email apps too and I'm currently using Microsoft Outlook Preview. It fits my needs and it's been working great. The only thing I don't like is that you're forced to use the conversation view. There's no option to turn it off.