sd download

ScttLee

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
How do I set up my browsers to download to the sd card? Dolphins and Google chrome. Also, since I started WiFi, when I download anything it downloads twice. 1 real image and a -1 file that will not access

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Download goes to internal storage. If you set an app to download to the SD card, it still downloads to internal storage, them gets moved to the SD card. (Windows works the same way, we just don't notice until we download a 2GB file and have to wait while it gets moved.)

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Another thing possibly worth mentioning too, is that with Android 4.4 Kitkat, 3rd party applications cannot globally write to the external SD card. That said, on some G3's, there is a stock (LG/Android) browser, and on other G3's, Chrome comes as the browser -- but since Chrome is a Google product, does it count as stock? I don't know. If you add Chrome to a G3 that has a stock browser, does Chrome count as 3rd party? I don't know that either.

However, Dolphin, Opera, etc. do fall into the 3rd party browser category. But to clarify a bit, 3rd party apps can write to the external SD card but only in specific directories (and 'Download' on an external SD card would not be one of them).

Possibly someone can further clarify if I am not making sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer